Registry and Gift Forum

Sandals Registry?

We are in our 30s and have everything we need, so traditional registries aren't really for us.  We are going to a Sandals resort and have registered for different activities while we are there (ie dolphin spotting, hiking, etc). 

Has anyone else done this?  How was it taken by your guests?

Re: Sandals Registry?

• I think it's perfectly acceptable to do a SANDALS registry. The reason why is because if you read Sandals registry policy, the money goes directly to Sandals, or the venders that sell the excursions. That being said, the couple DOES NOT get a check cut to them. The couple is not 'scamming' anyone. You're actually paying for their honeymoon! You're contributing to someone's celebration.

There are way too many rude people on the Knot. It almost makes me NOT want to be a part of this community. Gift registries are tradition. If you're a guest, and you don't want to give a gift they need, in this case a honeymoon, why are you even attending? Why are you celebrating with them?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_sandals-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:6717ed02-3dc6-4126-ad90-e9e9ed1e21ecPost:7ee93b29-fd22-4190-b957-9c65c21c35a6">Re: Sandals Registry?</a>:
    [QUOTE]There are way too many rude people on the Knot. It almost makes me NOT want to be a part of this community. Gift registries are tradition. If you're a guest, and you don't want to give a gift they need, in this case a honeymoon, why are you even attending? Why are you celebrating with them?
    Posted by eacura24[/QUOTE]

<div>Just because people say things you don't want to hear, does not make them rude.</div><div>
    </div><div>The fact of the matter is that HM registries ARE rude.  You may not like that fact, and you may not want to believe it, but it is true.  </div><div>
    </div><div>This post is a perfect example of how honest advice can actually help.  OP asked, because she was trying to get a feel as to how it would go over with her friends and family.  People shared, and she saved herself the embarrassment of accidently doing something rude.  </div><div>
    </div><div>Now, if you were to lie and tell her that they are perfectly fine, and let her look bad in front of peopel she cares about, now that would be rude.  And pretty mean to boot.  If that's the sort of person you are, you're in the wrong place.</div>
  • I disagree. Using that logic, all gifts and registries are greedy. As long as the information is passed by word of mouth- what difference does it make? Its not your wedding. The bride and groom aren't insisting you give them a specific gift but simply offering a suggestion as to what they would prefer. I'd rather give someone something they will enjoy rather than worry about following tradition.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_sandals-registry?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:34Discussion:6717ed02-3dc6-4126-ad90-e9e9ed1e21ecPost:45198876-520b-4b2b-bb8c-860f7b42b5ea">Re: Sandals Registry?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My friends did this.  I thought it was greedy.  Luckily they had a regular registry as well so we bought off that.  But I definitely had a word or 2 with my DH about how I felt about it.
    Posted by noodle_oo[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards