Ohio-Northeast
Options

Vendor Review - Sully's Rental, Akron

We were married in a barn so we had to rent everything from tables, dinnerware, heaters, etc. The lead in to using Sully's was fine. The two women in the office are pleasant and were helpful in making our plans.

The wedding was Saturday so the delivery was at the barn on Friday morning so we could set up. We had ordered charcoal napkins (we were told this was a special order) but they sent light gray napkins. This ended up being a big deal because in the barn the light gray looked lavender and our colors were yellow and gray. I called Sully's and they didn't have the charcoal - the order was placed in error for this light gray. They offered us ivory napkins but we had to go pick them up (a half hour away). Hmmm...that's kind of annoying espcially considered that they charged for delivery but oh well not the worst thing. I expected some sort of apology or maybe a credit for the trouble, but that also did not happen.

That's really just an aside that I wouldn't have given much thought if not for the following.  They charged my credit card an amount substantially higher than expected and REFUSE to provide a receipt.  They had me put my order under my caterer's name because the caterer also had an order and it would be easier that way. Okay, no problem. But now, the order is in my caterer's name so Sully's can't disclose it to me (but they have no problem charging my credit card for something that is not in my name).  The caterer (who was wonderful) did not receive the receipt either so asked them to send it to me.  All of this woudn't even bother me that much except that the guy - Bob - is a total jerk. He was rude and short with me from the first time I called and today he went as far as to hang up on me. So now I'm wondering if they have something to hide. This has been going on for a month! Why wouldn't he just send the freakin' receipt, account for the higher amount and be done with it?  Okay, that's it - thanks for bearing with my rant and mostly Buyer Beware.

Re: Vendor Review - Sully's Rental, Akron

• Options
    soontobemrs2soontobemrs2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you get your situationresolved? Why are they making something so cut and dry so difficult?
     If not, just tell them that you will dispute the ENTIRE amount and since they will have to provide proof to the credit card company to substantiate the charge, they will HAVE to break it up.
  • Options
    July2012brideJuly2012bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto PP's, I would report the charge to the credit card company for dispute.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    mikey0531mikey0531 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your caterer ordered the linens for you from Sully's, they probably did it that way to simplify delivery etc. (Did the caterer bring the linens?).  Also, there is an advantage to the caterer to do it this way because when there is a middle man (the caterer), they will make a few bucks off the order.

I'd love to know how all this panned out.  I'm thinking about using Sully's for a party next month and I really don't like the sounds of your experience with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards