Louisiana-New Orleans

coco robicheaux

has anyone been to a ceremony that he's performed?  we're getting married at the parish room at the house of blues.  he came recommended by them.  i've heard his music but have no idea what type of ceremony he would perform.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: coco robicheaux

• stephrubiastephrubia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    has anyone been to a ceremony that he's performed?  we're getting married at the parish room at the house of blues.  he came recommended by them.  i've heard his music but have no idea what type of ceremony he would perform.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • marleemillermarleemiller member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I have.  My brother's wedding was officiated by Coco.  He is a really really nice guy.  But he is definitely not the traditional officiant.  He's got more of a voodoo kind of vibe.  He is spiritual, but I not really religious. If you are the type that wants to know exactly what the officiant is going to say ahead of time, then I don't think Coco is your man.  His personality definitely goes with the vibe of the Parish room.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

thanks!  do you remember what kinds of things he said?  i can't really wrap my head around what kinds of things he will do or say.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • marleemillermarleemiller member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Umm he said something about summoning the spirit of our ancestors, but that's all I can remember.  it was super windy outside so the weather was kind of distracting.   The ceremony was nice and very unique.  Have you ever seen Coco? He was in the first seen of Treme on HBO last week...maybe seeing him on TV will help you decide if he's the right officiant for you.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we did see him!  we were already thinking about him before that.  i think we're going to go with him as long as he's available. 

thanks for your help!  i'm from ny so planning has been a little tough at times!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • shanmarie611shanmarie611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Would you mind me asking how much he charges?  I am really really interested in booking him...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards