Delaware
Options

Been so busy!

Hey ladies- So I joined The Knot waaaay back when I first started *thinking* about planning my wedding. And now..here it is, only about five months away! I have  gotten a lot done in the past months, but have been so busy with work (i'm a school teacher and i've been planning the prom for the school, which is like planning a second wedding- eeeek!) and I have not been able to post anything recently. Well, I am happy to report that in the past few months I have done:

Nailed down reception site, church and date: Our ceremony will be held at Christ Church of Christiana Hundred in Greenville, reception to follow at the Delaware Art Museum and the date is 10-10-2010!

Ordered and received my wedding dress/picked out veil:
Mori Lee mermaid style dress (it is the first dress that shows up when you go to their webpage!) I purchased my dress at brides and grooms in Newark.

Ordered bridesmaids' dresses: Bari Jay choc brown, long, spaghetti strap chiffon dress with champagne sash.

Hired photographer: We decided to go with Mark Gardner, who is based out of the Philly area. We originally wanted Cindy Guessford, but she was booked on our date and Mark came as a professional recommendation from Cindy. So far, we love him!

Sent out template for save the dates to magnet company

Had our tasting with Sodexo caterers: They also do any events for the Chase Riverfront Center. We are choosing a Salmon dish and a beautiful fall pork tenderloin dish!

Whewww..with that being said, we still have SOO much to do before the big date. I still need recommendations for great Delaware djs, bachelorette ideas, invitations, accessories/bridesmaids gifts, limo companies, b-pics (might do these?) and i'm sure i'm missing a ton of other things I will have questions about! I love love love all of the support and info I have received already, thanks so much ladies!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Been so busy!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In terms of invitations, head to Apropos in Greenville.  They were AMAZING to deal with; they worked with me both on budget and to come up with exactly what I wanted.  If you get in and order William Authur Invites before the end of May, you get 25 free when you order 75.  I cannot gush about them enough (I know BubblyBlondy and Sarah from a while ago ordered from there as well and were extremely happy too!)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great checks! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The best bridesmaid gift that I received (and plan on giving to my bridesmiads) is a totebag from Landsend. I use this bag pretty much everyday and have had it for about 3 years. They are sturdy canvas bags that can be customized with initials or names ($5 extra). They come in 4 different sizes and various colors. I plan on getting the medium size bags for each BM and a small one for my FG. Right now Landsend is having a promotion on them. If you buy 3 or more, you get $3 off each.

For limos, I recommend Dave's Limo. I haven't used them for a wedding; however, I had priced limos for my father's funeral about 2 years ago and of all the companies I called, Dave's was the most professional and helpful. They were not pushy. On the day of the funeral the limo arrived early and the driver was personable and profesisonal. Not sure what they charge for weddings, but they are going to be the first company I contact.

You're making good progress! Let me know what you find out about DJs, that what I'm working on right now...good luck!

~Jenn Buying A Home Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards