Pennsylvania-Central

outdoor, cheap site for ceremony, near Gettysburg

My fiance and I are looking for venues to hold our ceremony in Gettysburg or at least close to gettysburg.  We are planning an outdoor wedding with a rustic feel.  There are about 120 people on our invite list, and we are looking at an Octoboer 2011 date.

Re: outdoor, cheap site for ceremony, near Gettysburg

• edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are looking for venues to hold our ceremony in Gettysburg or at least close to gettysburg.  We are planning an outdoor wedding with a rustic feel.  There are about 120 people on our invite list, and we are looking at an Octoboer 2011 date.
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Round Barn.  You can do an outdoor ceremony and reception in the round barn.  I think it's pretty inexpensive - and I've been to two weddings there and they were really nice.
  • kathleenmaevekathleenmaeve member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure how inexpensive these places are, but, here are a couple options in Gettysburg that are rustic: Baladerry Inn http://baladerryinn.com/ - the new owner of this venue also owns a campsite in a nearby state park where she said they hold weddings all the time. The site fee here is $650 and that includes the owner (Judy) acting as the day of coordinator and her team aiding with set up/tear down.

Also, the Battlefield Bed and Breakfast: http://www.gettysburgbattlefield.com/ has a barn where ceremonies/receptions can be held.  I'm pretty sure they ask that the inn be rented for the weekend (if you're doing the reception there) and the rooms were a bit too pricey for us to feel comfortable asking guests to pay.

I'd say Baladerry is the less expensive option and if the venue there is too much, check with the owner about the campsite she owns.  I was just in Gettysburg looking at venues so I can give you more names (of B&Bs) if you want!
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you!
  • edited December 2011

You can also check out the wineries in and around Gettysburg.  The one that I've been to, which is gorgeous and would be perfect for a fall wedding, is the Adams County Winery.    www.adamscountywinery.com 

• edited December 2011
    If you want to go really cheap, you can get married at the amphitheater on the battlefield for $50, I think! It would be a beautiful setting in October, but I don't know what the seating arrangements are.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards