Getting in Shape

p90x results??

Hi girls! Hey I don't really post much, but I just saw that there were some of you out there doing p90x too! I'm finishing up my 5th week (I started exactly 90 days before my wedding ;) and I'm getting kind of discouraged because I don't feel any skinnier! My arms are definitely getting toned and I feel strong and healthy, but my belly is just not good!! I'm following the meal plan and everything and have been very diligent. Anybody else having any success? How long did it take you to start seeing results? I know it's not all about weight loss, but geez!! After all that work, I want to at least look hot in my dress!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: p90x results??

• You know, you may have to add in more cardio. If you read my post earlier I was talking about it.

You can do all the muscle work you want, but without enough cardio you still cant lose that layer of fat. And with the P90, I really dont get ANYTHING out of the cardio. Yes muscle burns fat, but you STILL need to have a healthy ammount of cardio. On your Kenpo or cardio x days, do something else. Something that makes you SWEAT. I will change my cardio out with Turbo Jam. I LOVE turbo Jam,..it's upbeat and it kicks my Butt.  Try that,..mix in a lil more cardio, go for a run,..something. Just burn those calories,...you will get there. Esp with belly,...

My problem is my butt,..so Im trying to add in more cardio as well.
    Good luck and keep me updated! A few girls and I are all doing the same,..

Hope that helped a little.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OK thank you! I don't know why I didn't think of that! And I have been doing the classic p90x, not even the lean version,which means it has even less cardio. I think I'm gonna switch to lean and maybe do some tae bo on cardio days or even go running now that it's finally spring (Yay!) Good luck to you too and hope we all get hot skinny butts!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Tae bo would be great! If I dont do Turbo I do Tae bo,...excellent suggestion!!! :)
  • I followed the p90x lean program, with one exception.  I didn't do the kenpo because I have done Tae Bo before and I just felt that Kenpo paled in comparison.  If you have time, I was also running about 40-45 minutes in addition to the workouts (it helps when you're unemployed, I know).  I don't have six-pack abs by any means, but I can tell a HUGE difference all over just from the added cardio combined with the strenth training.  Sometimes I would replace the cardio workout with Plyometrics just to work up more of a sweat.  Good luck and try to hang in there.  I didn't always feel thinner, and I don't know if I actually lost weight because I don't own a scale, but my clothes fit MUCH better.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_p90x-results?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:488534ce-c661-41f0-9cc8-7f5836d55b00Post:e861aca5-e157-45a6-a978-2be67f33cb08">Re: p90x results??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I followed the p90x lean program, with one exception.  <strong><em>I didn't do the kenpo because I have done Tae Bo before and I just felt that Kenpo paled in comparison</em></strong>.  If you have time, I was also running about 40-45 minutes in addition to the workouts (it helps when you're unemployed, I know).  I don't have six-pack abs by any means, but I can tell a HUGE difference all over just from the added cardio combined with the strenth training.  Sometimes I would replace the cardio workout with Plyometrics just to work up more of a sweat.  Good luck and try to hang in there.  I didn't always feel thinner, and I don't know if I actually lost weight because I don't own a scale, but my clothes fit MUCH better.
    Posted by letolar[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%. I get nothing from kenpo. I suggest Turbo Jam. You can buy just 1 dvd off amazon for like 20 bucks or cheaper. you dont have to get the whole set. I reccomend, Cardio party 1 or 3 and punch kick and jam.
  • If you like dancing, joining a Zumba class would be awesome-they are so much fun!
  • p90x is great for toning, but if you REALLY want to lose that layer of fat, you should consider switching programs to Insanity.  Its a 60 day dvd set, but uses a ton of intense cardio and instead of using weights it uses your own body.  I started it 2 weeks ago and feel and see a huge difference.  Just a suggestion try it out! :)
  • I did the P90X and gave myself 90 days to our wedding. I agree with other posters, you need cardio! I did 4-5 days of strength dvds and 4-5 days of interval work on the treadmill. I rarely did the yoga, kenpo, or cardio ones. However, I did plyo once a week. Killer!

I also had a very sensible diet and over time, realized I needed more food to keep up with the mega workouts I was doing. I ate very clean throughout the 90 days.

I lost 25 lbs and 10 inches. About 3 dress sizes.

It's been a week since my wedding and I've been indulging. Time to get back on track!
  • I agree with the others....added cardio is a must. I have the EXACT same problem that everywhere really toned up except my stomach. I finished round one of P90x and lost 2.5 inches in my stomach. I am starting it over again now and am adding more cardio to burn some more around that region!
  • I posted this below in another thread, but this one seems more active:

Did you all continue to do the Yoga video?  its just so long, I couldn't get into it!  But if you think it works, I'll motivate myself. . .

P.S. did legs and back yesterday and can barely walk today.  Supposed to try Kenpo tonight. . . advil first, please!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_p90x-results?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:238Discussion:488534ce-c661-41f0-9cc8-7f5836d55b00Post:239c322b-e13f-4932-9afd-9d16100346f7">Re: p90x results??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I posted this below in another thread, but this one seems more active: Did you all continue to do the Yoga video?  its just so long, I couldn't get into it!  But if you think it works, I'll motivate myself. . . P.S. did legs and back yesterday and can barely walk today.  Supposed to try Kenpo tonight. . . advil first, please!
    Posted by parker624[/QUOTE]

I have only done the yoga once. I like it, but not all the time. I cant say for sure how well it works, but sometimes it's a nice break from the other stuff. I want sooo badly to love yoga, I really do. I read about the benifits all the time, I just dont love it. Im going to keep doing it when its in my rotation, but,..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards