Florida-Central Florida
Options

Dress Alterations

Hey ladies :). I already have my dress but I was curious as to when I should have my alterations done. I know a week or so before you do the final fitting but when should I have someone start the main alterations? Also I heard Jeannine is amazing and I was wondering if anyone could give me her info/ a little about her. Thanks ladies! :D

<3

Re: Dress Alterations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think 6 weeks is typical for your first visit. I just had mine, and it was 4 weeks out from the date...because I procrastinate all the time, whoops...but they said it should be fine.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think they say you should have your first fitting appointment between 2 months and 6 weeks out.

I guess that is something I should start thinking about too :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! Thanks for the input girl! Now, does anyone have any info on Jeannine? I know David's Bridal alterations are wicked expensive. Can someone give me info on her? Thanks! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She will come to you to give you an estimate on what your alterations will cost, then she will come again 4 weeks out for your first fitting. I had her come out almost 8 months in advance because I wanted a price quote. Her prices were WAY lower then ANYWHERE else I looked. I only need minor alterations but including the bustle I believe she quoted me like $40.
  • Options
    Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I feel bad because I think I threw her phone number out when I  was cleaning out a whole bunch of wedding stuff.  I'm sure someone on here will post it for you though.  

Whatever you do, do NOT go to Judy the Seamstress.  She is awful.  You can read the review below.  

Also, unless you are losing a lot of weight, I would go as soon as possible. People told me not to go early and I wish I had gone earlier.  I went in April for my July wedding ( three months ahead) and I was not losing weight.  I still had someone come out and fix my dress the week of the wedding.  The dress alterations were stressful because they took a really long time in between fittings. Then, I was really unhappy with Judy's work and had to find another seamstress so everything took a long time and it actually got down to the wire.  If I redid it, I would've started in January.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok awesome! That price is awesome! I dont think I'll need much done to my dress either. Other than hemming it some since I'm short and putting a bustle on it, that's all I think I need. Thanks for the input ladies! Now does anyone have Jeannine's number? Haha.
  • Options
    ashbosityashbosity member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh, found it in an old post: 407-432-7336. I've heard nothing but good things about her.
  • Options
    Britt1406Britt1406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay, that number works! I called her this a.m. and she just called back a little while ago. I made an appointment to get an estimate for my dress alterations.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    October 2012 Pumpkin Patch Babies click here for list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards