New Jersey
Options

Venues in Union County (and beyond)

Hello, I am newly engaged and thoroughly confused on wedding venues! My FI goes to St Teresa of Avila in Summit, so we may have the ceremony there. I am not as familiar with that area and he is not familiar with wedding venues, so I need some help.

Planning on a Fall/Winter 2013 wedding, 175-220 guests (list isn't final yet), and a budget of $150p/p (preferably including taxes). If not, we are willing to push to Fri or Sat afternoon. I feel like I have looked online at 50+ places and nothing is jumping out at me. I welcome all suggestions from North Jersey to Ocean County. If we don't do the ceremony in Summit, we'll do on-site. The ones I have liked so far are Liberty House, Maritime Parc, Hyatt in JC; Molly Pitcher, Ocean Pointe in Red Bank; Bernards Inn, Oakeside, and Davids Country Inn for more rustic. Any info on those? I haven't seen any in person yet. I know I am all over the place. I can't decide between rustic and modern. This has been very overwhelming!!

Thanks ladies!

Re: Venues in Union County (and beyond)

• Options
    David's is beautiful and definitely within your budget.  I have been to Liberty House and didn't care for it too much, great location, but bad food and service.  Bernards Inn is pretty, but pricey.  I am not familiar with the other ones, so I can not offer my two cents on those! LOL
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_venues-in-union-county-and-beyond?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:5f21fef3-03a5-4653-a188-8bc2a365ad35Post:f2c877ce-3b75-442b-93dd-7ff2a5b9e784">Venues in Union County (and beyond)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hello, I am newly engaged and thoroughly confused on wedding venues! My FI goes to St Teresa of Avila in Summit, so we may have the ceremony there. I am not as familiar with that area and he is not familiar with wedding venues, so I need some help. Planning on a Fall/Winter 2013 wedding, 175-220 guests (list isn't final yet), and a budget of $150p/p (preferably including taxes). If not, we are willing to push to Fri or Sat afternoon. I feel like I have looked online at 50+ places and nothing is jumping out at me. I welcome all suggestions from North Jersey to Ocean County. If we don't do the ceremony in Summit, we'll do on-site. The ones I have liked so far are Liberty House, Maritime Parc, Hyatt in JC; Molly Pitcher, Ocean Pointe in Red Bank; Bernards Inn, Oakeside, and Davids Country Inn for more rustic. Any info on those? I haven't seen any in person yet. I know I am all over the place. I can't decide between rustic and modern. This has been very overwhelming!! Thanks ladies!
    Posted by dejazazz79[/QUOTE]

I'm getting married at David's in July and obviously I'm biased, but I saw 6 other venues in person and there was never a doubt that I chose the right venue.  Not only is it really unique and intimate, but the family that owns it go above and beyond to answer your questions and make you feel comfortable.  I knew I wanted a more charming, rustic feel though from the get-go, so you should probably decide if that's what you want. David's is definitley not modern. I had also wanted to check out Molly Pitcher but their minimum was way too high for us to meet for a Saturday night. I've heard good things about them though. I think Bernards Inn is on the pricier side. I'm not familiar with the others, but you know with Liberty House you'd get a fantastic view at the very least!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards