New Jersey

looking for NJ rustic/unusual/inexpensive reception venue

Our son and his fiance are looking for a down to earth, casual reception location in NJ.

They are staying away from the traditional “chandelier” reception halls.

I am hoping you might be able to help us out.

We have already looked at a barn in Holmdel, NJ and a mill in Stockton, NJ

But they are both already booked for the time period we need.

We need a rustic, inexpensive reception location in NJ or the PA border that is available October/November 2013.

They are trying to keep costs to $80 per person.

Any ideas?

Re: looking for NJ rustic/unusual/inexpensive reception venue

• edited August 2012

Our son and his fiance are looking for a down to earth, casual reception location in NJ.

They are staying away from the traditional “chandelier” reception halls.

I am hoping you might be able to help us out.

We have already looked at a barn in Holmdel, NJ and a mill in Stockton, NJ

But they are both already booked for the time period we need.

We need a rustic, inexpensive reception location in NJ or the PA border that is available October/November 2013.

They are trying to keep costs to $80 per person.

Any ideas?

• HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited August 2012
    Come over to the Jersey board.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Stockton inn is close to the nj/pa border and definitely is an alternative type venue. I looked at it and it's very quaint and pretty but just wasn't exactly what we wanted. We ended up going with David's country inn in hackettstown nj. They have an intimate historic feel and are very reasonably priced. We were also looking for more unique, intimate places and David's fits the bill perfectly.
  • gina613gina613 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Check out this Pinterest board (Click here)... there might be some there worth looking at. The only one I've seen in person is Rutgers Gardens and they are around $80pp... good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've seen a few nice weddings at Rutgers Gardens. You may also want to check the New Hope/Lambertville area
  • The Rutgers Club on college ave is great - very affordable and good food.  The two main issue are that there is a max of 75 people and the dance floor is in a different room.  Other than that you will be blown away by their price.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_looking-for-nj-rusticunusualinexpensive-reception-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:9391a238-56d2-4e5a-b109-d78e55a82c5cPost:09c24588-56c8-43bf-b604-15498493cdbc">Re: looking for NJ rustic/unusual/inexpensive reception venue</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've seen a few nice weddings at Rutgers Gardens. You may also want to check the New Hope/Lambertville area
    Posted by mnols[/QUOTE]
  • Take a look at Farmstead GC in Andover, NJ
  • I second the Farmstead.

Crossed Keys  also in Andover is very rustic but not inexpensive. 

Depending on the time of year there's an outdoor pavillion with a roof & stone floor but no walls at Ballyown golf club in Hardyston.  I went to an anniversary party there.  It was very nice. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards