Iowa-Des Moines

Marriage License Application Question

When you went to apply for marriage license at the recorder's office do you have to bring one or two people with you. I know it has to be notarized, but they have notary there that can notarize your application right? Do you know if you had to have it filled out ahead of time or just go there and fill it out when you get there? We are going to go next Friday and apply for our license!! 94 days to go before the big day!!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Marriage License Application Question

• I answered my own question by going to Recorder's website... need 1 witness unless mailing it in.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_iowa-des-moines_marriage-license-application?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:80Discussion:9fc34d56-ef4f-4354-b255-a7ea6053cc26Post:23a8cff3-d5ea-4a2c-9950-e77c1906ee09">Marriage License Application Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]When you went to apply for marriage license at the recorder's office do you have to bring one or two people with you. I know it has to be notarized, but they have notary there that can notarize your application right? Do you know if you had to have it filled out ahead of time or just go there and fill it out when you get there? We are going to go next Friday and apply for our license!! 94 days to go before the big day!!!
    Posted by jodiemariecooksley[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I wasn't sure if you got the whole question answered, so just wanted to check.  Yes, one witness, they will give you the paperwork there to fill it out and they have a notary there to sign off on it. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards