Texas-San Antonio

DESPARATE FOR CEREMONY SITE

Hi all! I'm getting married on February 27th 2010. I am having an asian fusion theme wedding and we have already found the perfect reception spot within our budget. We are expecting at max 75 guests. We really wanted to get married at the Japanese Tea Gardens but we may have too many people coming. My dilemma is I need to find somewhere nice to have the ceremony that is preferably by the airport area ( close to the reception venue), preferably outdoors. Im having a hard time finding places that will just do the ceremony. I like the idea of going to a local park and renting the gazebos but I cant find a really pretty one nearby. Can anyone help me? I know Ive made this impossible for myself lol. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: DESPARATE FOR CEREMONY SITE

• edited December 2011
    Do you have your heart set on an outdoor ceremony? Would you consider a church ceremony? Where's your venue? Maybe someone can come up with something close!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What about the grounds of a nearby museum?  I'm not sure about outside weddings at the Witte, San Antonio Museum or Art and/or the McNay but they are not far from the airport.Although you might want to think about an indoor option because it could be cold on February 27, 2010.  I got married at the Unitarian Church which is at the intersection of 410 and I10.  It is a beautiful sanctuary.Good luck!
    Photobucket

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

William born 7/12/2000
    Andrew born 10/30/2011 (9lb 4oz at 37 weeks)
  • edited December 2011
    Have you looked into the Gazebos at Brackenridge Park? One is really pretty--made of pretty multicolored stones and pretty big inside with a little balcony and a fireplace at on end. I know you can rent and reserve it for pretty cheap. I think it's called the Joske Pavillion.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at the gardens of cranesburry view. It has an outdoor area for ceremony, but i think it maybe a bit to far up 281 for you. you can check it out though. Here's the website...www.gardensofcranesburyview.com
  • edited December 2011

The golf club/restaurant near the Quarry is indoors but it is overlooking a beautiful view and it may an outdoor area off to the side somehow.  Check it out.

Have you looked at Los Patios?

It is super close to the airport.

I would have gone with that place but the indoor configurations didn't sit well with me for a sit-down dinner.

As far as outdoor space, it is gorgeous - lush - the best of San Antonio.

Just make sure your wedding date isn't during frog mating season but that's advice for all outdoor weddings.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards