Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

Bachelor Party (Work is Super Slow)

What is your FI planning or his Best Man planning for this?

My FI wants one but doesn't know if it will work. I am trying to give him ideas but he is turned off by the fact that no one is centralized anymore. (He is in the Military as well as the majority of his friends- a lot of others are living out of state)All of his friends are all over the country now -- Should I just tell his BM to go ahead and try to plan something and invite everyone and see who will come? FI thinks this is a waste as very few will be able. 

I tried thinking of Holidays btwn now and the Wedding for one and looks like New Years, and President Day are the only feasible options. The only other thing I can think of is hanging out the Friday before the wedding as most will be around. But this seems too risky. Not worried about FI being hung over just staying up til 3,4,5 AM.

It would be nice to hear other's ideas!

Re: Bachelor Party (Work is Super Slow)

• Options
    edited December 2011

My FI is going to Vegas with his brother and best buddies.  I'm not at all worried,  I took my sister there for hers 2 years ago, so this didnt surprise me.  Us ladies are going to Chicago, just because I've been to Vegas like 10 times and have never been to Chicago as an adult....plus we're going over St. Patty's :)  FI and his buddies are going over March Madness so they can bet on all of the games. Not everyone will be able to go of course, so we'll have a local party too closer to the wedding :)

• Options
    graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and his boys will do something nerdy like play risk or WOW all night with a bunch of beer. We made a promise to each other not to have strippers. As long as there are no naked girls in his face, FI can do whatever his nerdly friends come up with =)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota-minneapolis-st-paul_bachelor-party-work-super-slow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:81Discussion:5271a1a0-fe85-4263-94ce-57f2fd2bc215Post:4dade4c5-a246-4799-a3a6-7e863812de25">Re: Bachelor Party (Work is Super Slow)</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI and his boys will do something nerdy like play risk or WOW all night with a bunch of beer. We made a promise to each other not to have strippers. As long as there are no naked girls in his face, FI can do whatever his nerdly friends come up with =)
    Posted by graysquirrel[/QUOTE]

Ditto this 100% on all accounts. FI doesn't drink, so I have a feeling it's going to be a night of Risk, Super Smash Brothers, and his GM drinking
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would have suggested the Vegas trip also. Everyone can get there pretty inexpensively and they would all have fun. It is too expensive for him to get into any real trouble. I know my FI went there with his buddies and when they thought about going to the strip club it was basically going to cost them $100 to get in and get a drink without even talking to the ladies... he is too cheap for that. It would be worth a shot  to see if his friends would be up for it, if they are going to travel I would think they would be willing to travel there just as easily as coming home.

I think it would be risky going out the night before the wedding. My uncle's buddies did that to him and he was so hungover on the wedding day that my aunt wanted to hurt his buddies. It took him a couple days to recover! There is so much to do the day before the wedding I just don't see how he could fit it in. His BM needs to just tell him to shut-up and go with it! Don't feel bad about friends wanting to do something special for you!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

FI and I are actually doing a weekend and staying at his aunt's pub on Lake Osakis with four other couples. It will be kinda low key, but a ton of fun! It's in two weeks, and I can't wait!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FI says he doesn't want one, but either his brother and cousin will plan to take him to a sports bar where FI will sit there quietly and not drink or let any attention be drawn to himself, or we'll all do something together.  We're going to have my MOH and her husband staying with us, so it's going to be pretty low-key, whatever it is.

What I'm scared of is what my MOH will try to do for mine.  I'm not shy, but I don't want to make everyone wherever we go feel like they have to celebrate my bridedom.
  • Options
    sbreuersbreuer member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

We are in the same situation - Military buddies.  FI is planning a party for all the out of towners the Thursday before - that way they will feel better by Saturday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    FI's best man/brother has talked about planning his, but hasn't really set anything up yet. The best man also doesn't drink, so I don't know what he will come up with!
  • Options
    ogrady88ogrady88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and his friends are going to Vegas.  A few of them live in LA so they're driving (Hangover Style)...it's going to be two months or so before the wedding so his sunburn will hopefully be gone :)
  • Options
    Enchanted616Enchanted616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess I'm the minority here, I'm guessing my FI's GMs will plan something with a stripper and alcohol, and I really don't care.  FI isn't really into it, he's never been to a strip club, and I have zero doubts or concerns he would do anything I would be upset about.  Some of his GMs, however.. I think they will get a lot of more out of it than him.

DO NOT have him do it the night before the wedding.  I can only see problems.  We are having our RD on thursday, so I'm having him do it at least the weekend before.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Finished BC and not preventing since June 2010.
    Actively trying for baby #1 since July 2011.
    SA completed 5/29/2012. No sperm found.
    11/12: Dx: Congenital Bilateral Absense of the Vas Deferens.
    Genetic Testing needed as this is a mutation of Cystic Fibrosis.
    IVF #1 with ICSI planned for 2013.
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies. FI HATES vegas, so that is out for sure. He is nerdy too, haha yay for nerdy FIs- and loves Counter Strike and just got the new Halo XBOX. My concern is not him being drunk but staying up all night playing video and computer games LoL.
    He will have to take leave in order to come back home for the wedding so I will suggest he take an extra day and see if Thursday is a good compromise.
  • Options
    tlbattagliatlbattaglia member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI wants to play in a softball tourney for his with all his friends.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards