Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Flower Girl's Flowers

Okay, maybe I am over thinking this, but this popped into my head the other day...

I am having a flower girl who is dropping rose petals down the aisle as she walks, so if I am walking after her and I have a medium size train on my dress, does that mean I will pick up all the rose petals with my train and drag them down the aisel with me!?

Anyone else having this issue? Anyone experienced this or seen this happen?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flower Girl's Flowers

• Yes it does.  This is one of the reasons my FG carried a flower ball and didn't throw anything.  If the petals are dark colored they can also stain your dress,

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Darn it... Yeah that is a really good point about the staining!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I never even thought about that! I don't think that your train will pick them up, and even if they do, I don't think anyone would notice. :-)
  • However, to avoid that, I would do the balls like HoBokenBride mentioned above. :-)
  • My flower girl dropped (fake) white petals. My train may have moved them a little, but it's really not noticable.
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    Yep, it's definitely likely.

I made pomanders for my FGs, they were great - didn't have to throw anything or clean up anything.
  • I was just my cousins maid of honor & she had a LONG train. She used white petals and there wasn't an issue with the petals. You'll be fine. :) Happy Planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards