Christian Weddings

Emergency Prayer Request

My 19 year old nephew has been going through a serious rebellious phase for the better part of a year. He took off refusing to tell any of us where he moved, and none of us know what he's been up to but unfortunately believe its not good... This morning my FBIL texted to say he's been at the house crying all morning. We are just driving now to take him to talk to our Pastor, as he asked to. I don't know what happened, but please pray for him right now!

Re: Emergency Prayer Request

• So sorry to hear this! I will pray that God is with him and your family. 
  • Praying!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Praying!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • I'm till not 100% sure what's going on or what had him so upset, what I do know is that he had an hour long conversation with the youth pastor at my church.... Hoping to find out more as he feels  comfortable, and just support him and love him until then!
  • ravenrayravenray member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited April 2012
    I'll be praying!

EDIT: I will say tears can be a sign of repentance and maybe he is turning from his ways.  I will pray for God's will to be done.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_emergency-prayer-request-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:44b18599-dfc9-4858-8024-58ccef54fd28Post:d9bc91c9-3fe2-4757-8f17-eb6655d01dd9">Re: Emergency Prayer Request</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll be praying! EDIT: I will say tears can be a sign of repentance and maybe he is turning from his ways.  I will pray for God's will to be done.
    Posted by ravenray[/QUOTE]

hoping for this as well. praying
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is what I'm praying for as well! I know that he's staying the night at his dad's house tonight, and I believe I am giving him a ride to our Youth Group night tomorrow night, something that is put on by the Pastor that he was talking to this morning. They do a gathering of a large group around his age. I think if that is indeed where he's at it will be great to have that association (the friends he has been around are rather opposite). I want to be there for him as much as I can, and I feel very strongly after prayer with my fiance today that we need to do our best as most of my FILs are very judgemental and are making it clear they're not sure they are willing to give him a chance.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_christian-weddings_emergency-prayer-request-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:464687ae-7bc1-4360-9aea-999e11f1e1adDiscussion:44b18599-dfc9-4858-8024-58ccef54fd28Post:de408261-cef5-4011-8e5c-5facc71baf1b">Re: Emergency Prayer Request</a>:
    [QUOTE]This is what I'm praying for as well! I know that he's staying the night at his dad's house tonight, and I believe I am giving him a ride to our Youth Group night tomorrow night, something that is put on by the Pastor that he was talking to this morning. They do a gathering of a large group around his age. I think if that is indeed where he's at it will be great to have that association (the friends he has been around are rather opposite).<strong> I want to be there for him as much as I can, and I feel very strongly after prayer with my fiance today that we need to do our best as most of my FILs are very judgemental and are making it clear they're not sure they are willing to give him a chance.
    </strong>Posted by BMcLeodTeam[/QUOTE]

this breaks my heart. everyone makes mistakes. prayers going out to you for strength and the right words to say.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It breaks my heart too. FI tried talking to FSIL about it, she cried on the phone and said she'll try not to be 'too judgemental' on things like Facebook but still isn't sure she can forgive him. Her reasoning has been that she's 'hurt' because he doesn't acknowledge her when she's down (she'd run into him downtown and he'd avoid her) and doesn't respond to her messages online. Her messages on Facebook are rather full of snark, and he was in a bad place with a bad group of friends... I just wish she could understand that mistakes were made and give him a chance. I am not sure about FMIL, all I know is that she and my nephew spoke last night, he spent the night there and that according to FBIL there were a lot of tears.
  • Thank you ladies. He attended our youth night tonight, and seems to have enjoyed it. We had a short heart to heart after, before bringing him home, just a chance to let him know that I'm here for him. I believe he's going back next week for the youth night after enjoying tonight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards