Oregon

I found the dress!!

Some of my bridesmaids were in town this weekend and we decided on a whim to go look at dresses. The only place that was open was David's Bridal, which I have been adament about NOT going to, because of past experiences. I figured, what the heck, lets try it...it's not like i'm going to get one of them, just looking!

Well, boy was I wrong! while I was waiting in a line to get checked in (another reason I do not like them) my bridesmaids went around and looked for dresses for me. They were excited to point out one in particular. The second I saw it, I knew it was the one! It was almost identical to a San Patrick that I had wanted but couldn't afford. I really wanted something unique and fun...I am shocked that I found it today and even in my price range! I stayed in in for an hour waiting for my mom to get there to see it. We all started crying the second she walked it. It was such an amazing experience! I only wish she had been there from the beginning.

I can't wait for it to come!
not a pic of me, just one I found online...mine will be coming soon!

Re: I found the dress!!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats on finding the dress!! It looks really nice and fun!
    At least your mom got to show up to see this dress :)

• edited December 2011
    Congrats on finding the dress!! It looks really nice and fun!
    At least your mom got to show up to see this dress :)

• BuckethikerBuckethiker member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on finding your dress!!  I always feel good about my chances of finding something affordable and also perfect when someone else manages it!  By the way, what is the price range at David's Bridal - in a general sense?
  • edited December 2011
    Your dress is lovely!  Congrats on finding 'the one'!

@buckethiker- You can get dresses at David's starting at $99 on up.  Probably average is $400-$800?  I got mine on sale there for $200 off-the-rack.
  • edited December 2011
    I loved my experience at David's Bridal, I got mine for $99 off the rack, but it was a $700 dress, and the perfect one that I had wanted. My advice for anyone still looking is to go there, because they have tons of different styles and sizes, but to go on a weekday evening if you can, or set up an appointment. DO NOT go on a weekend afternoon, as it will be very very hard to get help.
  • ralexander007ralexander007 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome! I got mine at David's Bridal, too. I was surprised they actually had really pretty stuff in the store, because the stuff on the website was BAD. It was the first dress I tried on. A $700 dress, on sale for $300, and it's so gorgeous. And trust me, I work in the fashion business, so I know crap when I see it, and this was highway robbery!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards