Connecticut
Options

Bridal Dress Shopping in Fairfield or New Haven Counties

Hello,

I'm looking for an amazing gown for my outside wedding in Juy 2011.  I'd like to do some shopping this weekend.  Does anyone have any suggestions of a place around New Haven or in northern Fairfield County?  I have a small budget, so I'm looking for a killer deal for the best dress possible.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Rachel :)

Re: Bridal Dress Shopping in Fairfield or New Haven Counties

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Davids Bridal - can't beat the price I got but it was NOT a good shopping experience. The customer service was lacking big time and the alterations department had no clue what was going on. BUT like I said, can't beat the price. My dress was a over 50% off store sample.

My two in state BM got their dresses at Wedding Embossy in Watertown. Meghan is wonderful! Check the website, just google it, to see what lines she carries. I wish I had shopped for my dress with her. My DB trip was just to "look around" - I didn't expect to find one I wanted so soon.

There are also a few other dress shops in Watertown so you could look at a few places if you came here. I dont have any experience other then a off the sale rack party dress purchase at Ragtime.

GL!
    Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you would be willing to consider buying a sample, the Bridal Mall in Niantic is having a big sample sale on July 25.  i got my dress for 80% off that way...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Classic Bridal by Eva in Stratford or Marie's Bridal in Fairfield. I got my dress from Harold's in New Haven which was $200 less than other places I had called.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Marie's in Fairfield I've heard good things about. I went in and walked out just because the store is really small and there were tons of people in it and I just didn't want to deal with that at the time... lol - but I've heard good things!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ragtime in Watertown, CT!

They are great about giving you amazing deals, either buying the sample or discounts with multiple dresses (we did all my BMs, my gown and MOG there!)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! White Knot
  • Options
    CTbride79CTbride79 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress from Harold's in downtown New Haven.  One of the shops I looked at was Sposabella in Fairfield...the owner was really nice.  They are a smaller shop, but had a lot of beautiful gowns! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Dx w/PCOS 3/2011 | BFP 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12
    Dx w/IUGR 1/31/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bridal Trousseau is where I got my dress from in Branford!  So far the service has been amazing!  (Just ordered my dress yesterday and the young guy working there was incredibly nice and had me in and out in no time - but not in a rush me out sort of way).  I also tried on dresses at Harold's and David's Bridal...everyone was really nice at Harold's...don't really have much to say about David's
    "I don't know how it gets better than this. You take my hand and lead me head first - Fearless"
    Anniversary

Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    greenrachgreenrach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for all of these suggestions!  :)  You guys are great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend The Bridal Mall too! :)
  • Options
    LaurenDarlingLaurenDarling member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Julie Allen's in Newtown, they were fantastic!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lucilles Bridal in Orange (on the post road). I got both my dress and the BM's dresses there and and they have been WONDERFUL to me!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would have to agree Ragtime Boutique on Main St. in Watertown is awesome! Natalie will take care of you! I got a Jasmine Couture gown for less than a grand!! LOL So check it out!

JK
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards