Indiana

Kokomo Area?

Anyone around the Kokomo area? I live there and work in Tipton. In case you don't know, Kokomo is about 50 miles directly north of Indy. If you take US 31 north from indy, you will literally drive right into Kokomo (and drive right by my house :-)

My planning is slow, because of multiple things, and barely have a date set. I am already feeling overwhelmed. Can't afford a planner, and have already have a had multiple fights with my mom. I'm going to do most of it on my own, with a tiny budget, and I want to just have a nice party with my friends and family and to look pretty and have one day to celebrate my fiance and me. Why does it feel like I'm going to get teeth pulled to get some enthusiasm from people? Erg!

Re: Kokomo Area?

• munkiimunkii member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm originally from Kokomo.  It's ok if you can't afford a planner, you can still have a fabulous wedding--I did :)  

And about the enthusiasm...remember, it's your FI and your wedding, so people aren't going to seem enthusiastic about it necessarily.  They might not evening want to know the details.  However, just because no one seems enthusiastic about planning the wedding doesn't mean they're not happy.  If they're not happy, that's another story.

Are you planning to have the wedding in Kokomo?
    Matt loves Munkii!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I"m originally from Kokomo too. I felt the same way last year when we got engaged. It took forever because everyone kept saying "oh the wedding is a year away you have so much time" and now here we are with only a few months left and now everyone is so excited and starting to help.. even with that i don't feel like i have the time to get everything done. I think once you set a date and starting getting into the planning yourself it will help others to be excited. You have to remember that this is for you and your FI.. so even if you guys are the only two people in the world excited, that's all that matters! That is still hard for me to remember some days :) Hang in there girl. Working off of a tiny budget in Kokomo is for sure possible. I almost had my wedding there and as long as you keep it a decently small you will have no problem. Let me know if you need some help with vendors.. i found some great ones around there. If i'm not around here page me on the September 2010 board.. good luck girl.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from Greentown and hopefully having my wedding in Kokomo in May 2011. No specific date set so far, probably toward the end of the month.

I'm having a really hard time planning my wedding, as well, since I've been living in Indianapolis at school for the past 6 years! It seems like no one can give advice on Kokomo planning, only Indy! And like you, I am working with a small budget, and I have a feeling that I am going to be doing most of the work. Unfortunately, my FI's family is HUGE, so this might be quite an undertaking.

Along those lines, since I don't have a home church in Kokomo, can anyone recommend one for the wedding cermony? I know this sounds bad, but I would like one that would work with some kind of purple scheme!

Maybe once the date and location is set, it will all get easier from there!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm not churchy so I really can't help there. I hear Crossroads Community over on 31 south of 26 is nice.

Yes. We are planning the wedding in Kokomo. We are going to have the reception at the Booster Club on 31 across the street from Dairy Queen. They want $400 for 5 hours. And the in-house catering is around $2,000 for 150 people.
  • edited December 2011

My wedding will be near Kokomo also.  Crossroads and Chapel HIll are both very beautiful churches!!  Does anyone know any good DJ's in the Kokomo area?  thanks :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm from Kokomo and my church is Christ Lutheran on Dixon. It's a lot smaller than somewhere like Crossroads, and a little more traditional without being super ornate, if you're still looking!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards