South Carolina-Charleston

Chas Celebrations-TERRIBLE

Charleston Celebrations LLC won an award for Best Wessing Planning?! I wouldn't recommend Melissa and her company. She charges WAY too much. On top of that, I hired her for her full service and I have done everything myself. I have no clue what I am doing. When I told her that her services did not meet my expectations, she would not refund my first payment, although she did nothing to earn it. I am very disappointed, but I would rather wing my wedding that work with someone who lacks the compassion for her clients. To the brides in Chas getting married: If YOU don't take control of your own wedding, no one will, no matter how much money you are paying. Don't use Charleston Celebrations, LLC. I wouldn't want someone else to go through what I am going through with her.

Re: Chas Celebrations-TERRIBLE

• edited December 2011
    I'm sorry that happened to you, that sucks, but at least you realized it now rather than a year from now, right? I'm going through the same thing with our caterer (we were married on Oct 29th) b/c they did not meet the specs of our contract. I went back and forth with them for a while until they started just blowing me off. So, I contacted an attorney and am handing the situation over to them to take care of now. I couldn't agree with you more when it comes to you and your wedding. You are so right. No one will take control of the wedding like you; however, sometimes no matter how hard you work to make something perfect, it still isn't! I was METICULOUS about our wedding especially with email communication, our contract, etc which is going to work out in my favor in the long run b/c I have EVERYTHING I need in writing, but it still sucks b/c I worked soooo hard and things still fell through the cracks! I had a good cry on my husband's shoulder about it and am slowly but surely letting go of the fact that everything wasn't how I wanted it to be. But, don't listen to me! I'm sure your wedding will be as beautiful and fantastic as you dream it will be! I am just one of those people who has a black cloud hanging over my head no matter what I do! Good luck to you and if you need any help or any recommendations, let me know! 
    My Food Blog: Slim Pickin's Kitchen Our Wedding Website Photobucket Anniversary Daisypath Halloween tickers BabyFruit Ticker BFP #1: Mother's Day 5/13/12...m/c Memorial Day Weekend 5/26/12 BFP #2: 2/16/13...Please, baby, please be a sticky *fingers crossed*
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! I'm pretty confident that I could win a civil suit against her, but like I had told her when I hired her, I don't have the time. Besides, it would probably cost more money anyhow. I just hope other brides in Charleston don't make my foolish mistake!! Good luck brides. Be a bridezilla because you are the only person who cares about your wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards