Oklahoma
Options

Looking for a relatively inexpensive wedding location, preferably outdoors

My FI and I are from the Shawnee (read OKCish) area and we're looking for a relatively inexpensive venue to have our ceremony and possibly the reception as well.

We both like outdoor locations (our date is currently in October). Any suggestions or places to avoid?

Re: Looking for a relatively inexpensive wedding location, preferably outdoors

• Options
    jrkslejrksle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WIll Rogers Rose Garden in OKC.  That is where I am getting married, its beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Palace in El Reno. Gorgeous and reasonably priced for what's included. For 50-75 guests it's $3200 and includes: day of cordinator, 2 hours with a consultant, DJ, wedding cake of your design, 6 hours of rental time, bride/groom dressing rooms, linens, tables and chairs and vases. Sounded good to me!!
  • Options
    lknightenlknighten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Will Rogers Rose Garden charges $75.
  • Options
    lauly06lauly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Festivities Event Center in El Reno. There is an outdoor are for the ceremony and an indoor area for the reception. It is very reasonably priced too! Oh, and I know PP mentioned The Palace, but I have looked there and it is strictly an indoor venue, but it is gorgeous! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe if I were paying attention, I would've seen the 'outdoor part' ha. Yes, The Palace is indoors. Sorry about that :/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Cobblestone Creek Golf Club in Norman. Inexpensive and they work with you on everything. Kelly and Kris are amazing!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked out OBU? They may have a nice garden area to rent? I'm not sure if they even do that, but it's just something you may check into!  Also, Thunderbird Chapel in Norman may be a good fit for you - my cousin was married there about 2 years ago and it's really nice! They have really nice landscaping and may be able to do an outdoor wedding! If not, their chapel is very pretty! www.thunderbirdchapel.com
  • Options
    TheCKTheCK member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey! I'm from the Shawnee area, too! :)

There's a winery in Luther that seemed to have pretty reasonable prices. http://www.tressuenos.com Also...this may seem weird, but: my fiance and I are getting married on campus at Oklahoma State! It's where we met and where he proposed, so it seemed fitting, but...it's completely free! All you have to do is rent the chairs from the Physical Plant and provide your own decorations/sound.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards