Jewish Weddings

Jewish-Themed Wedding Inivitations?

It's totally possible that I'm just searching wrong, but I've hit the major keywords on google (Jewish wedding invitation, simcha invitation, chuppah invitation) and I'm really not coming up with much.

We want an invitation that "feels" Jewish- maybe a chuppah, Hebrew calligraphy, some other traditional motif- but we don't want the actual invitation to be in Hebrew (because the vast majority of our guests won't be able to read it!)

Is there some magical Jewish invitation source that I have yet to find? Frustratingly, I've run across a zillion Bar/Bat Mitzvah invitations!

Thanks, guys Smile

Re: Jewish-Themed Wedding Inivitations?

• mickeypottermickeypotter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Chava:

Here is a link to where I got my invitations http://www.mypaperinthepark.com/WeddingPageSample.html (Row 4, column 1)

This company, although based outside Baltimore, MD, does most its business via email.

They have been unbelievable.

Feel free to email me if you want more info
  • edited December 2011
    Depending on where you get you ketubah, you might be able to take it and have a copy shop make invitations with that as the decoration.
    Anniversary image
  • 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got the permission of our ketubah artist to use the design in our wedding invitations, programs, etc.  That might be an option to consider.  You could then design them yourself, or put in an Etsy alchemy request for someone to do it for you.

• edited December 2011
    You can have a Jewish wedding quotation or poem on the invitation as part of the decoration, maybe something from Song of Songs?  That way it will be Jewish-themed, but your non-Jewish guests can read it--I was thinking just in English, but you could have it in Hebrew and in English if you wanted.  Anita Diamant's book (The New Jewish Wedding) had some suggestions.

I am also working on invitations that will be Jewish-themed, but we will have a lot of non-Jewish guests, so I don't want it to be alienating or inaccessible.  I don't think we'll do any motif or pattern, because we want it simpler, but I am going to incorporate transliterated words, like simcha, that you can probably get from context (and it doesn't matter if they don't quite understand...I would not have the only ceremony info be "chuppah at 1").
  • tenofcups4metenofcups4me member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    2nd bride, I really love your ketubah and how you adapted it to the invitations. Really well done!
  • Magdala9Magdala9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We got our invitations from Kolbo's http://kolbo.com/weddingsbarbat-mitzvahs.html  They're in Boston but if you have time....

Mazel Tov!
  • edited December 2011
    I got mine from notfromabox.com
    Conincidentally, they are located where my wedding was so I could go by and work with them in person, but I worked with them over the phone, too, and they were AWESOME. We created our own invitations b/c I couldn't find anything I liked.
    The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards