Michigan-Northern
Options

tawas bay beach resort??

has anyone had or attended a wedding at tawas bay resort?? i'm helping a BM & she's looking for a beach wedding.  this place looks like it might fit the bill since it's also a hotel (she wants it to be a weekend, casual type affair).  TIA.

My Chart
TTC since Sept 2009
Cycle#9-Natural BFP 7/9/2010 ~ m/c 7/31/2010 ~ 8/31/10 beta 0.
Nov/Dec 2011, started seeing RE. HSG-all clear! SA is good! DX = unexplained IF.
Cycle#25-50mg clomid, IUI#1 = BFP 12/24/11 ~ m/c 1/5/12 ~ 2/21/12 beta level finally 0.
Cycle#28- 100mg clomid + Ovidrel + IUI#2 = BFN
Cycle#29- Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#3 = BFP 5/8/12 ~ betas dropped 5/17/12 ~ Cytotec(fail) D&C (fail) & then a methotrexate shot to get things going ~ 6/28/12 Beta FINALLY 0.
RPL tests reveal MTHFR mutation(1copy)-adding Folgard & BA and moving forward.
Cycle#32-Follistim + Ovidrel + IUI#4 = BFP!
Beta#1 8/21/12: 11, Beta#2 8/23: 71, Beta#3 8/25:174
9/4-seen sac/yolk, 9/7-9/12 hospitalized for a ruptured cyst causing massive internal bleeding.
9/11-seen HB!! 9/18- no HB, 9/21/12-D&C. Fetal tissue testing revealed a healthy boy. Now getting more tests to try to figure out this mystery :(

Re: tawas bay beach resort??

• Options
    leeshab1982leeshab1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never been to a wedding at this hotel, but I've stayed there a few times.  The beach itself is gorgeous!  Lake Huron is just absolutely beautiful, especially in the summer time.  My family owns property about 15 minutes from there and we've stayed there on occasion.  They have always been super nice and accommodating.  We stayed there once in the middle of the winter, so it was pretty dead.  Everything closes really early around there, and we were hungry late at night.  We asked if there was any fast food or anything that would be open, and the bartender said no, but that he'd open up the kitchen and make us some grilled cheese sandwiches.  I thought that was really nice of them!  I would definitely say it's worth looking into.  Seems like a great place for an up north beach wedding!  Good luck! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my fiances famly owns this resort...the beach is beautiful for a wedding....they just put new carpeting in the harbor rooms for a reception with new paint for ceileings if you have any questions call and ask for a girl name jasmin she will answer any quetions for you:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards