Second Weddings

sand ceremony

I want to do a sand ceremony with the fi and our two girls. My question is I want a different container or jar. Any thoughts? I really love southern country rustic so the traditional vases they have really dont work for me.  thx!

Re: sand ceremony

• prodigalgirlprodigalgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got mine!!  I ordered a sand ceremony hourglass from Heirloom Hourglass.  It's absolutely LOVELY and is a great way to show how the passing of time will continue to make you "one".

My FI lives in CA and I live in FL, so we're actually using sand from both coasts. 

And it will be a beautiful keepsake from our wedding!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I suppose you could use a Mason jar, they sell them in the grocery stores for canning purposes. Sort of fits your theme.
  • jgreene15jgreene15 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Take a look at craft stores like Michael's or Hobby Lobby. They have several different jars, vases, etc. We used an apothecary jar I bought at Michael's. I liked it because it had a lid too.  We did a sand ceremony with our 4 boys, and everyone said it was the best part of the ceremony.

Here is a pic:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_sand-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:35Discussion:f8a3b888-60ad-4491-a2a3-0c9556f2f424Post:6ef56c0c-47e5-4d33-860e-970e4c0d19d6">Re: sand ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]Take a look at craft stores like Michael's or Hobby Lobby. They have several different jars, vases, etc. We used an apothecary jar I bought at Michael's. I liked it because it had a lid too.  We did a sand ceremony with our 4 boys, and everyone said it was the best part of the ceremony. Here is a pic:
    Posted by jgreene15[/QUOTE

Love that. I will def be doing that. Thx!!]
  • MikesAngieMikesAngie member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We picked out our sand ceremony "kit" at Michael's for less than we would have been able to pick up the capture vase and two vials on line, including the sand.  We opted for a two piece vase that one could fill with, and the top we placed some sand and a candle.  All that for under $30.00 and more than enough sand for the ceremony and keepsakes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards