North Dakota

Hair and Makeup

Has anyone gone to Josef's School of Hair Design for their hair and makeup?  I was looking at Avant but they are really pricey and don't know if my bridesmaids will want to spend that much on hair and makeup.  I am also considering Josef's for myself if they are good.  I haven't been to them since I was in elementary school and haven't heard much about them since.  Also, has anyone used Avant or Oliver's?  Let me know how it was for you and where you went.

Re: Hair and Makeup

• edited December 2011
    Oliveris is spendy but they do the airbrushing for the makeup. My stylist is coming to my hotel to do my hair, but she has been my friend for years and is doing it as a favor.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Josef's is hit-or-miss as it is a beauty school. I would go with Oliveri's if you're debating between the two. You'll be able to do a "practice" appointment easier, and the salon hours are more convenient.
    Let your bridesmaids know you don't expect them to do their hair and make up with a stylist, the could just do a style at Oliveri's and do their own make up if they're concerned with costs.
  • edited December 2011
    i have never been to Josef's, but I did go a beauty school to get an updo once, and it look FOREVER!!!! fyi, I know they are students and learning, but many dont have the experience of wedding updos......
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards