Connecticut

Should I find a way to afford Jerome Braga?

I really LOVE his work, but he is expensive. I am not sure I should find a way to spend the money? I also can't seem to find anyone else I really like.

Re: Should I find a way to afford Jerome Braga?

• PRLJMBPRLJMB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

What do his packages start at?  How much over budget is he?

• edited December 2011
    What other photographers have you researched or met with? Maybe Knotties can offer suggestions of other photogs that may be more affordable for you but have a similar style as Jerome.
  • AngelaN611AngelaN611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you email him he can send you more info about packages.  We are using him and were really surprised at the range of packages he has.  Ours is around $4000, but they range from lower than $2000 to upwards of $10,000!  Some of the less expensive packages are for Jen (his wife) to photograph your wedding, so I guess you wouldn't technically be getting him, but her pics are great too and I think he does some of the editing of the photos.  I think his email address is jerome@studio1923.com (or you can just find it on the website).  Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    215image 174image 41image
  • edited December 2011
    I love love love him and have nothing but wonderful things to say about his work and about Jen's work as well. We went over budget so we could book him, but that's something we were willing and comfortable to do. You need to think about what you are comfortable doing. Are there other areas you can cut back in, etc?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    TTC February 2013
    Melissa's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    We "splurged" on him and it was one the best choices we made.  Photos are the only thing you have left afterward to remember all of the details of the day....to us, that was really important, so we cut back in other areas to make it work.  I was very picky about photographic style, and there was only one other photog whose style I liked, and she was actually more expensive because she didn't include some things in her pricing that Jerome did.
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if you love his work, go for it.  photography was one our our biggest expenses and i dont regret a dollar of it b/c i had my heart set on my photog...
  • PRLJMBPRLJMB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We originally planned to marry in Maine and I booked a photog there immediately because I had to have her. I'm not sure when you are getting married but I asked for a discount because it is the off season and I got it so never be afraid to negotiate!  If you love him, grab him before hes gone! I guarentee you aren't the only one who loves him! lol BUT...if you have to take out big credit card bills, loans, or remortgage the house...please...don't extend yourself to that degree!

• edited December 2011
    We liked his work, but it was pricey for us also. Our photographer  (Catherine FIehn)has a very similair style and was less money. Her website isn't as dramatic as Jerome's, but when we went to meet with her her albums and slideshow where just as creative IMO also have you looked at Images in Trumbull or Joseph's in Chester similair also but the photos don't seem as far away which we liked.
  • ydonnachieydonnachie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVED his style but my budget was WAY too tight to afford him.  I looked at and contacted over 70 photographers and picked Jeff Lundstrom.  He has a similar style but not nearly as expensive.  He's worth checking out: www.jefflundstromphotography.com. HTH!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards