Colorado-Denver

Flowers - Need vendor recommendations and a budget

I am newly engaged and have no idea how much flowers cost or where to get them. Any advice would be helpful! I am having 3 bridesmaids and a flower girl. I am not having a tossing bouquet. There will be around 10 tables that will need centerpieces, plus the head table. Any information about Denver/Colorado vendors and a number that I can throw in my budget would be great! Thanks!

Re: Flowers - Need vendor recommendations and a budget

• steffenfamsteffenfam member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used/will use About Vase Floral in Windsor for both daughter's weddings - we gave her the amount we wanted to spend and she designed florals based on that. She will be able to work with any budget.  It may be cheaper to use an independent florist rather than a store.
  • HeywhitneyHeywhitney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whole foods supposedly dies gorgeous flowers for cheap, but you have to pick up and set up, etc. I used Plum Sage flowers. I was recommended them by a friend who is a wedding DJ. Erin of plumsage is talented and will work with any budget. Our bridal party had 6 bms, 6 gms, 1 usher, 14 tables, flowers for the cake and rose petals for the aisle. I budgeted 15% of my overall budget to be used for flowers which ended up being around 2k. She was able to do GORGEOUS flowers for my budget. But flowers were important to me so I chose to put more money towards that area. HTH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look into Lauren @ Its Quintessential.  She is wonderful!
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • edited December 2011

Moondoggie Gardens and Florist in Evergreen did my flowers and the price was amazing and the her work blew me away! I could not have been happier with my flowers and we had so many compliments on how beautiful they were. She is also incredibly easy and fun to work with.
    http://www.moondoggiegardens.com/

• beccabear97beccabear97 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
  • edited December 2011
    I second Lauren at It's Quintessential, fabulous!!!
  • victoriarivvictoriariv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going with Fifty Flowers.  They're an online wholesale florist and have pretty much every flower you can imagine.  A friend of mine used them and hers were gorgeous...she just arranged the bouquets herself.  You'd never know!
  • SayMHSayMH member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We went with Brilliant Blooms (right on Colfax next to Mulberries cake shop). It's a small shop, but I liked working with Allison, the owner. Our flowers came to less than $500, but we only ordered two bouquets, two corsages, and a number of bouttonieres. Brilliant Blooms won't deliver the flowers to your venue if you spend less than $1,000 (my dad picked up the flowers day of, so that wasn't too difficult). We saved money on reception centerpieces by ordering flowers from King Soopers and setting them up the night of the rehearsal: they looked perfectly fine the next day for the wedding.
  • I am using E.A. Vicino Floral Design.  She's had lots of experience with doing very high end events but left that position to do her own thing and is good about working with budgets.  Her website is here:
    http://eavicinofloraldesign.com/
    I'm a professional wedding photographer who FINALLY got engaged and get to have my own dream wedding:) http://www.apriloharephotography.com
  • We used Oakes Fields in Westminster, Colleen was awesome - we got so many compliments on our flowers!    We spent about 1500, and got my bouquet, bridesmaids, corsages and boutnerres and 12 centerpieces with cake flowers.  We used a lot of dahlias and roses.
    "All my life, I will carry you through. All my life, between each hour of the passing days, I will stay with you" - America
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards