California-Bay Area
Options

Best engagement photo sites

I know this topic has been discussed before, but I'd like a different perspective.  I'm planning on having my engagement photography done in SF in mid-August, so there will be fog!  I can't figure out the best location for photos.  I don't want anything overdone like Baker Beach or the Palace of Fine Arts, and nothing kitschy like cable cars.  My fiance and I are more traditionalists, so edgy/hip locations don't go with our personalities.  

I'm saving Sausalito for my wedding, as our reception will be there.  I'm thinking maybe Golden Gate Park.  I love the arboretum there.  Any other suggestions?  My fiance and I haven't even lived in San Francisco together (it's my hometown, and I've been away for seven years), so we don't have much of a history in SF.  Thanks!  

Re: Best engagement photo sites

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You can always go to the Ferry Building and Embarcadero. The Ferry Building is beautiful and has nice views of the bay. Plus you can stop for yummy food after!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my pics done on Treasure Island. I've heard GGP, Japanese Tea Garden are nice as well.
    ~~~Lynsey~~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we had some of ours taken in the marsh area of the east bay side of the san mateo bridge. sounds odd and not at all romantic, but it made for a great back drop for foggy weather- our photog was actually hoping for fog to make the pics look better, but it ended up being sunny. oh well. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the mission!  i think it would be really cool to have all the graffiti and what not.  its so colorful there too.
  • Options
    GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions.  I think we may do the Embarcadero.  Btw, I'm curious about these marshes you mention.  Where exactly are they?  Are there any examples of cool engagement photos from there?  Thanks, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards