Military Brides

Courthouse Wedding Details?

FI and I are planning on getting married at the courthouse in May. The room itself seats about 30 people, so guests and photographers are allowed. We plan on inviting our immediate family and a few close friends as well as having a photographer, about 25 people in all. Afterward, we plan on a nice dinner in the banquet room of Maggiano's with our guests to celebrate.

Should we send out invitations for this? How would I word it and what details should I include? Should we give favors and have any kind of toast or activity at the dinner?

Any suggestions on how to further personalize our day and make our guests feel welcomed, special, and comfortable would be great!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Visit Military.weddings.com

image 155 Invited
image 102 Attending
image 40 Regrets
image 13 Awaiting Reply
RSVP Date: March 11

Re: Courthouse Wedding Details?

• edited December 2011
    I would think invitations would be a nice gesture. It would add a special touch to your already special day. I think its up to you and what you and your FI want when it comes to favors. FI and I are planning on making a donation to the wounded warrior project in place of favors. You can type something up and frame it at the tables where the reception is.

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • 2Bwed20112Bwed2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would say you should definitely do invitations just so they all know exactly where to be and at what time.  I'm not sure I would do any favors at all, but that is totally a personal choice and depends on what you and your FI want.  And definitely would do a toast to thank everyone for coming and if anyone else wants to do a toast, I think that would be fine too.  You could also maybe get a cake to have at the restaurant for dessert and have your photographer there to get shots of that as well.  Just a thought.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mlesleevmlesleev member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely send invitations! This is your wedding however large or small it may be.  I would word the invitation like any other with your names, the date, time and place and also at the bottom say something like "Intimate reception dinner to follow at Maggiano's"

I would say of course you should do toasts. Let people celebrate you! :-) You can do favors if you want but you certainly dont need to feel obligated to do so either.  This is your day and you can make it however you want.

One cool thing that I'm doing to personalize our wedding is I am sending out a blank reception card with the invitations and will ask our guests to share some of their marital advice with us on the card.  Then I am going to choose 9 or 10 of my favorites, and hang them from a string or ribbon and alternate them with our engagement photos and hang the whole string along the brick wall of our garden reception space. Your wedding will be small enough that you could incorporate all them so all your guests feel special. And everyone can see what everyone else said.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards