Wedding Woes

Kids at Reception

Quick question: We don't want kids at ourreception but are willing to make the exception for some families. Is there a correct way to go about this?

Re: Kids at Reception

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_kids-at-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:9f400062-66d2-4bd5-95ef-57ab1b891732Post:0befbb23-dadb-4d69-9403-43a0706ec5f3">Kids at Reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]Quick question: We don't want kids at ourreception but are willing to make the exception for some families. Is there a correct way to go about this?
    Posted by aletheridge84[/QUOTE]

By 'exception for some families' do you mean "only direct nieces and nephews" or "only people with well behaved children--I think the rest of you have batty ill behaved shithead kids"?

Because unless there's something really obvious in the 'former' category (inviting the 5 kids that are super close to you or somesuch), everyone is going to assume the latter and be all insulted
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_kids-at-reception?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:9f400062-66d2-4bd5-95ef-57ab1b891732Post:0befbb23-dadb-4d69-9403-43a0706ec5f3">Kids at Reception</a>:
    [QUOTE]Quick question: We don't want kids at ourreception but are willing to make the exception for some families. Is there a correct way to go about this?
    Posted by aletheridge84[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>We are allowing children in our wedding party (FG's and RB) and their siblings.</div>
  • Yes, we're thinking of only inviting the kids that are family members to avoid the chaotic episodes we've seen at weddings of friends.
  • I think that doesn't clarify a lot.  WHen you say 'family members' do you mean 2nd cousin brittany gets to bring her kids but BFF Josie doesn't?
    Or does that mean your siblings bring their kids and no one else?

Because I bet money that people get insulted.  Even people who wouldn't bring their kids.
  • I have been to a lot of weddings and I cannot remember one child-led "chaotic episode".  Ever.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards