Attire & Accessories Forum

Open toe or Closed toe? To be or Not to be?

Open toe or Closed toe? To be or Not to be?

posted at 9/30/2010 4:57 PM CDT on theknot.com
Joined on
06-07-2010
CENTRAL FLORIDA
Total posts: 1
First: 9/30/2010

Last: 9/30/2010

Hello my beautiful brides!

I'm getting married in May in NY... My gown is very formal, what do you think will look better, a closed toe or peep toe?

Please help! What do you suggest?

Re: Open toe or Closed toe? To be or Not to be?

• I'm getting married in May in NY... My gown is very formal, what do you think will look better, a closed toe or peep toe?

Please help! What do you suggest?

I think either could look great. I'm partial to peep toes myself, though.
  • Am I the only one seeing a post within a post?  It's making it so that I can't read the question...
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_open-toe-closed-toe-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:7923a48e-ca27-4673-9814-cc81e6ef9bd7Post:a1507b46-12bb-45a4-8fc0-c8e6e7b0f7a6">Re: Open toe or Closed toe? To be or Not to be?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Am I the only one seeing a post within a post?  It's making it so that I can't read the question...
    Posted by lalap69[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I have no idea what happened there. But I copied the text into my earlier response.
  • I think peep toed shoes are sexier and I don't think formality is an issue because IMO peep toed shoes are just as formal as closed toe. In May it will def be warm enough for an open toed shoe plus with a closed toe you can't see your pedicure!
  • Thanks, opalsky.

I love the look of peep toes, but find that they hurt my feet very quickly.  Do whatever's most comfortable, since it'll be a long day on your feet.  Either will be fine, if your gown is very formal, people will hardly see your feet anyway.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • I love peep toes and yes, however formal the dress.

I wore them on my slightly rainy May wedding day in NJ with no issues :)
    A Yankee Fan & A Red Sox Fan...
    imageimage
    "5.01.09"

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would also say peep toe. Just make sure you wear them a bit before the wedding if peep toes tend to hurt you.
  • i happen to hate peep toed shoes. they make people toes look weird.

but, its really entirely up to you- wear what you think looks best on you!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_open-toe-closed-toe-not?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:15Discussion:7923a48e-ca27-4673-9814-cc81e6ef9bd7Post:ac8de14c-732c-4f59-b8ac-da498b9c0ea0">Re: Open toe or Closed toe? To be or Not to be?</a>:
    [QUOTE]peep toe fo sho!
    Posted by reese511[/QUOTE]

Ditto.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards