New Jersey

Venue Needed

Hi Everyone! I am newly engaged and am looking for a place to hold my reception. I have looked at a few places, but am afraid the rooms that can hold up to 300 people will dwarf my small wedding of 125-150 people. Does anyone have any suggestions in the Northern NJ area? So far my favorite was the Park Ave. Club, but again, it is a large room. I am looking to get married in July 2013.

Re: Venue Needed

• Do you have a budget? Our wedding was at Ramsey Country Club, it's room can only hold 200, so a wedding your size would fit perfect.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • I wouldn't be too worried about rooms that can fit more.  I have seen rooms at capacity and they are too crowded.  As a guest, I'd appreciate some breathing room and not being up against the wall.

The Brick House in Wyckoff is a restaurant and I think it's reception room's max is 150 if you want something that holds just enough, but kristen is right, we can help you more if you give us details of budget and what you're looking for.

Good luck!
  • We're having our reception for the Greycliff in Moonachie. They say their Forum room holds 160, but it looks like the perfect size for our wedding of 125-130. Not too cramped but not too big, either.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_venue-needed-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:c6dd3152-c0cf-483d-b941-953b5e8ed78bPost:63c72f33-398e-489e-8bd6-6465ec9a528f">Re: Venue Needed</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do you have a budget? Our wedding was at Ramsey Country Club, it's room can only hold 200, so a wedding your size would fit perfect.
    Posted by kristen8040[/QUOTE]

Thanks for replying! Do you need a sponser to have it at the Club? We are looking to keep it around (or below) $150 per person.
  • Nope, no sponsor, and they are right at $150pp which includes tax and gratuity.  Let me know if you have any other questions!
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker imageimage
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    We had 135 at our wedding, our venue was Ravello's at East Hanover.   There was plenty of room and seating in the cocktail hour room, and the ballroom was the perfect size.  It's definitely under $150 all inclusive so I recommend checking them out!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Il Villagio, The Manor/Highlawn Pavilion, MayFair Farms, Richfield Regency are all in your price range and have smaller rooms for under 150 guests.
  • The conservatory (the glass room) at the Madison Hotel has a maximum capacity of 175 so your party will have a bit of breathing room. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards