Ohio-Columbus

Outdoor Venue Suggestions?

My fiancee and I just started planning (for spring 2014), and we would like to have a venue that offers indoor and outdoor space.

A few months ago, I attended a relative's wedding. It rained during the outdoor reception, and there were no tents or shelter! Everyone ate in the cold rain.

I would hate to have the same thing happen at my wedding, so I'm ideally looking for a place where we oculd move things inside if the weather turned bad. It won't be a very large wedding (we're not planning on more than 125 guests, so far). We'd also like to keep it fairly close to Columbus, since all of the groom's family will be flying in from out of state. Franklin Park Conservatory would be our ideal space, but we're not yet sure if it will fit in our budget.

Any suggestions?

Re: Outdoor Venue Suggestions?

• Darby House is spectacular

Taylor Mansion

New Albany Links Golf Club has a pretty outside tent area

Check out the reception venue listings at Columbus Bride Magazine 
  • Some of the metro parks with indoor facilities might be pretty budget friendly. I'm not sure how many people they can fit but Whetstone Park of Roses and the North Bank Pavillion are both really pretty.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Check out Camp Mary Orton
  • Grange Audubon insurance center....we are getting married there in September and immediately feel in love with it (the online pictures do not do it justice). Has a couple of outdoor options and a nice, modern indoor option for ceremony. It's about 1 mile from downtown....close to hotels, etc., but feels like you are away from the commotion and more outdoors. Great views of downtown too! They let you bring in your own alcohol so you save big money there. They have a list of about 10-12 caterers to choose from. The events director at the Audubon center is Sarah and she is WONDERFUL! She's basically like a wedding planner and is so great to work with. Good luck!
  • Those are some really lovely venues!  Thanks for the suggestions,  everyone. 
  • Try the Ohio Village by the Ohio Historical Society.  They have a few outdoor and indoor venues.
  • We're using the Amelito Mirolo Barn in Upper Arlington.  It's a great indoor/outdoor space, and super affordable. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards