Missouri-St Louis
Options

Two questions: Ceremony and reception

Okay, my first question is about the ceremony venue. We went shopping around yesterday and decided that we like the Piper Palm House in Tower grove park. Just wondering if anyone has used that and what are your opinions about it?
Two: Now I'm looking for a cheap reception hall and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas. We were going to do the reception at Piper also but the catering is way too much and I don't like that you have to use the one caterer they supply so I'm trying to find something much cheaper.  Any ideas? Thanks.

Re: Two questions: Ceremony and reception

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend got married at the Piper Palm House last summer and it was beautiful! They had the option of having the ceremony outside or inside. (Since it was really warm that day, the moved it indoors).  Depending on how big your wedding party is and how many chairs you will have at the ceremony, you may want to consider taking out a row of chairs near the front. (My friend's group was really crowded up there).

Also, have you looked into Andre's? I've known a few people that have had their receptions there and it seems pretty economical and I think their food is actually pretty good.

Good Luck! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How big is your reception?  The Cabine house in Forest Park allows you your own caterer, or you can use them and provide your own alcohol.  It's super cheap (like $10 a plate) and it's a nice converted manor.  If you want to keep it indoors it won't fit a lot of people (max 60) but they do tents outside and have nice gardens.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are having our receotion in Fenton at the Anheuser Busch Conference Center. I thought it was fairly reasonable as we are on a budget! The contact for them is Jennifer. If you have any questions,feel free to ask :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards