Texas-Austin

Austin Wedding reception venues for a San Antonio bride-to-be

Hi Everyone,

I live in San Antonio and are looking to get married in Austin. My Fiance lives in Houston so it's pretty much just me who is doing the research. We are having a formal winter wedding an are expecting 120 to 150 guests.

My first choice would be a hotel because 90% of our wedding guests will be from San Antonio. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Amanda

Re: Austin Wedding reception venues for a San Antonio bride-to-be

• edited December 2011
    OMG I love hotel weddings! I wish I could afford it. I would check out the Hyatt down town.
    Baby Jaxon born 8/18/2012 @ 9:53am, 7lb 2oz!! At 37 weeks 5 days due to Pre-E via C-section.Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimageimage
  • edited December 2011
    There are a ton of options here.  If you want a downtown Austin hotel (so your guests can enjoy the town) the Stephen F. Austin, Driskill, Four Seasons, Hilton, and Hyatt all have ballrooms (and I'm sure there are more downtown hotels that I'm just not thinking of!)  The Renissance hotel in the arboretum also does weddings and is probably less expensive.  Also, if you want more of a resort feeling, Barton Creek Resort & Spa has lovely facilities, as does Lakeway Resort & Spa.  The UT Hotel (technically called the AT&T Executive Conference Center) also is lovely.  Good Luck!
  • lasaggie08lasaggie08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Depends on your budget but I would have LOVED to have afforded a wedding at the Driskill. It is so historic and charming but you could add modern touches if you wanted.

There are also some hotel with great scenery. I had my wedding at Vintage Villas a few weeks ago and it has hotel rooms for your guests and there is a Hampton Inn about 3 minutes away from it as well with more reasonable rates.

Happy searching!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Thanks for all the great advice. We are trying to stay around or under 7k for our reception. I would like something more modern and contemporary but I'll take what I can find :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards