DC

Trash the dress shoot?

I got married on Saturday, and had an out-of-town photojournalist friend take the pictures. They were awesome and totally captured the emotion and feeling of the day, but we did not get many portraits in. This is my biggest regret of the wedding day, and I know that will fester if I don't do something about it.

We'd like to do a "clean" trash the dress shoot -- where I don't swim or ruin my dress, but where we're in a park or downtown or something, and actually have some gorgeous wedding portraits. Has anyone done this, and do you have any recommendations for someone who can do it relatively inexpensively for someone whose wedding they didn't shoot? I'd also like to do it sometime soon. I know that June is a big month for photographers, but we're willing to do it on a weekday evening or something....

(And FYI, if you're doing your ceremony and reception all in the same place and relatively at the same time, I would highly recommend scheduling a second shoot in advance. You will not easily be able to get away to do nice portraits. Doing them slipped our minds because we were getting mobbed by wedding guests while we were trying to take them, and of course we wanted to talk to them. But I doubt we would have been able to do much anyway.)

Re: Trash the dress shoot?

• edited December 2011
    I absolutely LOVE those shoots!
    try julian
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Julian-Vankim-Photography/238751030704

a good friend of mine and does great work. I dont think he's done that before and is always looking to add to his portfolio.
  • edited December 2011
    You can try www.drevizion.com
    His prices are great and he we loved all of our wedding pictures.
    Good luck.
  • kdecknickdecknic member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

we set up one with my photographer beforehand, we were married on june 25th and will probably do a "clean" dress shoot sometime next month. I wanted to get pictures in DC but our reception was in Manassas so it was just too far to go the day of the wedding. My photographer is Anna Purdy www.annapurdyphoto.com she is really decently priced. good luck :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards