Maryland-Baltimore

Suggestions for reasonably priced florist in Baltimore?

I am looking for a reasonably priced florist in the Baltimore area for my wedding on 9/24/11. I plan to do simple center pieces myself, but do not want to tackle the bouquets and boutonnieres. Anyone have a florist you would recommend? Is anyone willing to share how much you paid for bouquets, boutonnieres and coursages? I am not even sure what the price range would be.

Re: Suggestions for reasonably priced florist in Baltimore?

• edited December 2011
    I just got married 2 weeks ago.  We had a pretty tight wedding budget and put together the centerpieces ourselves.  We used Whole Foods in Annapolis for all our other flowers.  I can't remember exactly how much everything cost item by item but I know it was a total between $350-$400 for the following:

1 bridal bouquet
    4 bridesmaid bouquets
    1 jr. bridesmaid
    3 wrist corsages
    5 groomsman boutonieres
    2 ring bearer boutonieres

I found out about Whole Foods from my neighbor.  Before talking with my neighbor we were getting quotes in the thousands of dollars for simple arrangements and centerpieces.  Not sure what you are looking for but my centerpiece vases (16" tallx 4 " wide) and votives (72, clear glass) are for sale if you are interested just let me know.  

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure where exactly you're getting marries but Flowers by Judy and Perry Hall Florist are both reasonable and do good work!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I second Flowers by Judy. We didn't go with her because we went with a preferred vendor of our reception venue, but her prices are great and she is a very sweet lady and awesome to communicate with.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for these suggestions!

hgiusti35,
    Congratulations on your wedding!! Someone else mentioned Whole Foods so I will definitely look into them. That sounds very reasonable to me. Thanks for the offer to buy the vases and votives for the centerpieces. I have been collecting cobalt blue vases to use for the centerpieces so I think I'm set as far as that goes. I also have votives someone is lending me. I'm sure someone else will be interested in buying them from you.

The ceremony is downtown and the reception is in Timonium.  I've also heard good things about Flowers By Judy. I will look into that too. Perry Hall florist is somewhat more convenient to me so maybe I'll look into that as well. Thanks for the suggestions!!
  • edited December 2011
    Flowers By Judy
    Divine Designs and Events - colleen is fabulous!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I love Colleen at Divine Designs.  I didn't have a WP so I had less flowers, but for my bouquet, 4 bouts, and 3 corsages it was just under $370 (she gave me an itemized list so I just went and added it up).  We discussed different flower options, and I know that going with something other than calla lilies would have been considerably cheaper.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I went with Kathy from Perry Hall Florist because she is so close to the Church! It was a toss up between her and Judy who are both super nice!
  • lisab613lisab613 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i also used flowers by judy. i can't remember the exact total but i think it was about $550 for my bouquet, 5 girls, 3 bouts, 3 corsages, petals for tables. she was great to communicate with, i recommend her.
    Anniversary image<br
  • edited December 2011
    This is mine: http://www.stacybowenflowers.com/

She did flowers for FSIL's wedding, and is the most reasonably priced I've found, and very flexible.
  • edited December 2011
    Violet's Florist in Pasadena.  Connie is wonderful! 
    ccviolets@verizon.net
  • PaderibiPaderibi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you thought about getting premade bouquets sets from Samsclub?? They cost about $300...
  • edited December 2011
    Are you using real flowers or artificals? If artifical I have a girl who is just starting out but does great work and really reasonable. Hit me back if your interested. She is doing mine and they are beautiful.
  • edited December 2011
    I found an amazing florist "Scentsational events" 410-984-2874. Their website actually has prices on it. I found them on wedding wire and they got great reviews! The only downfall is that they require a min order of $1000 to deliver. But it works for us because there store is 7 mins from our church.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for these suggestions. I need a last minute florist for a low price.

I have an florist to add: Connie Clark .  I have not used her (bad timing), but know someone who has. She works out of her home and I believe is affordable. She has good recommendations online too.
  • edited December 2011

Violets Florist by Connie Clark is the answer!
    The flowers for our wedding were absolutely gorgeous!!! (and afforadable!) They were the most beautiful flowers we have seen (the colors, the selections of flowers, just everything was perfect).  She made the place look fabulous and helped make my wedding day extra special.  We truly appreciate all the extra attention Connie spent to make each and every arrangement, bouquet, and table look truly stunning (I am sure there are much more descriptive adjectives but just am speechless from the beauty of them!).

Also, she made the selection of flowers (which I know nothing about!) as painless and easy as possible, I just brought my colors, few pictures of things I liked (and didn't like) and wow, she made it happen!

If anyone we ever know is looking for a Violets Florist by Connie Clark will be the first name I mention.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards