Georgia-Savannah
Options

Garden Venues/DJ/Florist in Savannah

My fiance and I will be in Savannah Valentine's Day Weekend.  We live in Atlanta and are looking for a venue that can accommadate 80 guest in a outdoor garden setting yet has a backup if rain occurs. We will be getting married in May 2011. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated as we want to secure a venue during our visit next weekend.  Our wedding reception will be at The Lady & Sons Banquet hall underneath the restaurant.

Also any suggestions on DJ's or Florist would be appreciated.

Christine

Re: Garden Venues/DJ/Florist in Savannah

• Options
    iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

There are quite a few garden places that you can use.  I love the garden in the courtyard at the Ships of the Sea Museum.  The chapel and gardens at the Mighty Eigth Air Force Museum are beautiful.   The Mackey House is beautuful. 

For DJ's, I recomend DJ Chevy.  He has done a great job at every event I have seen him at. 

My favorite florist in the area is Colony Bay Florist in Garden City.  A to Zennia is great.  Garden on the Sqaure does a wonderful job. 

HTH  Let us know if you have anymore questions.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all the recommendations!!! We have an appointment at the Davenport House Feb 14th and I had actually had thought about the garden in the courtyard at the Ships of the Sea Museum.  We will definitley have to check it out now.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the garden at SotSM, it's lovely!  Any of the squares downtown are nice in May as well because the flowers should still be blooming.

I've heard wonderful things about Garden on the Square for florists, and we're using Josh Grotheer (http://www.joshuagrotheer.com)

For DJ, we were between VIP Entertainment (Dave was the actual DJ) and Bill Edwards with Sounds Exciting.  We went with Bill simply because of cost.  His website is http://www.billthedj.com
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Married Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic My first love.

Me: 31 DH: 30

TTC since 10/2010. 2012: HSG showed unicornuate uterus on right side; both kidneys and both ovaries present. High risk for preterm labor, IUGR, and C-Section. Dx'd Hypothyroidism.
    1st BFP: 10/27/12, cycle before we had planned to see RE
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aslo check the Mulberry Inn on Bay Street... they have a really pretty courtyard nad a ballroom inside for a rain backup... I would check with A Special Touch Florist in Pooler, GA as well... they have done some really unique things forweddings before...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A few years ago, we were at a wedding and reception at the Mulberry Inn where the DJ seemed to be able to cover the courtyard, ballroom and dining area. That's the way to go!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards