Flowers

Need help with first seen Wow piece

I'm looking for ideas for that first "Wow" piece that you see when you walk in the room for the first time. My venue is setup so that you walk into a small room first before turning into the ballroom. There is a big table in the center of the room that most brides put a tall full flower arrangement on. I decided that i would really like this piece to be different but I dont know how! The idea was thrown out of something like a family tree with pictures of us and our families- but im not sure that i love that idea. Can you please share your ideas with me? Pictures would be even better! Thanks!

Re: Need help with first seen Wow piece

• nppdesignsnppdesigns member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think that lights give everything a wow factor. I especially like tall vases with colored water (your wedding color) or dyed gel to fill the glass. The use of curly willow or any other "stick type" helps add height to any arrangement. My friend had 2 different kinds of lights. One at the bottom that lit from the outside and then had some inside the vase as well. Google "lighted centerpieces" and see what comes up.

Do you have a theme?

• edited December 2011
    What are your colors and theme for your wedding?
  • edited December 2011
    If you want this arrangement to look like it's part of your wedding, it should match your bouquets and reception flowers.  This could be done with your colours and you will probably have to use other larger flowers, but keep the same colour scheme.  Floral designer, Bunches Bob
    Bunches Bob "Have Fun With Those Blooms"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards