Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Fun Budget Wedding

My dream of being able to afford a wedding at Southern Oaks Plantation is just too far fetched.  Most of my guests are in Baton Rouge and Gonzales, but the FI and I live in Metairie.  Looking for a fun place to have our ceremony and reception, ideally in the same place so the guests won't have to do MORE travelling.  Someone suggested the reception at Rock N Bowl would be great - though I don't know that I could do a ceremony there -- never been.  I really don't know my way around New Orleans, and barely Metairie.  Anyone have some thoughts on where a young couple with 120 or so guests and only about $6,000 bucks could get hitched? 

Much love xoxox
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Fun Budget Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having our ceremony at Audubon park, it is free except for a $25 permit fee. Then having a barbeque afterwards. You'll have to rent chairs and what not, which can be fairly cheap. Ours are $2 a piece, and then we're buying hot dogs and hamburgers from Sams which is extremely affordable. We want our wedding to be super fun as well. Good luck!
  • Options
    pwinkel 82pwinkel 82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Cedar Grove Tchoupitoulas Plantation, Jills great

http://www.cgtplantation.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Andrea's in Metarie. one of the best Northern Italian places in the state, and they have a very reasonable reception package that looked like they were within your price range. You can do ceremonies on site too. 
  • Options
    srgallendersrgallender member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're renting the Peristyle in City Park. You get it all day for $575.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Laferenier Park in Metiaire has a great indoor/outdoor gazbo area. I think the "hall" fits 150 or so. Look into it, seems really nice.

I also heard Smilies Resturant in Harahan is affordable.
  • Options
    rguitartrguitart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if it is quite as inexpensive as you need, but you should take a look at the Musee Conti wax museum.  They are reasonable on their rental fee if you're flexible about the day (we went with Sunday and got a discount that way).  Also, they let you go with the caterer of your choice and they have very flexible bar options, so you can make it much more affordable than their initial proposal (which they send via email) sounds.

HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards