Illinois

Ideas for outdoor wedding between Quad cities and Indianapolis?

My honey and I met online so we are bringing together one wedding with a five hour distance between the two hometowns, Quad Cities, Illinois and Indianapolis, Indiana. I'd like it to be a beautiful outdoor wedding of 150 or less for spring/ summer 2011. We got engaged at Starved Rock and it was BEAUTIFUL there but they have no openings for our desired dates... Any ideas are greatly appreciated! 

Re: Ideas for outdoor wedding between Quad cities and Indianapolis?

• hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Does it have to be somewhere btwn the 2?

I am from the QC and was recently married outside there...there are tons of options!

IL side:
    -Bass Street Landing
    -Lavender Crest Winery (IMO, the inside is not that great though)
    -Botanical Center
    -Haumberg Civic Center

IA side:
    -VanderVeer Park
    -Davenport Country Club <my gorgeous venue!
  • flower_divaflower_diva member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    What about springfield Illinois.......3 hrs to Indy and 3 !/2 from the quad cities. Lots of places for an outdoor wedding. The gazebo in washingtom park is really nice,you can rent the hall right off of the botanical gardens if you want an indoor reception. They also have the roman cultural garden the is right next to the hall.Hill Prarie winery is another nice place-google that one..Fraase Farm(Carol Jeans Fine Cusine) another trend option.If you want to contact a facilitator A Flair for events would be a starting place. It is always hard when you are not familiar with the area. Hiring a wedding coordinator may be your best option.  Springfield is the state capitol of Illinois and also has Abraham Lincoln Presidental Museum,His house,the old state capitol and he is burried at Oak Ridge cemetary. Lots of things for your guest to do if they want to stay a few days. Contact the Springfield convention and visitors bureau(on line) you can get info from them. Perhaps this is an option for you
  • lwhatelylwhately member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Peoria, IL is fairly equidistant.  Mackinaw Valley Vineyard and Kickapoo Creek Winery are two outdoor options. 
  • epritchardepritchard member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Walnut Grove Farm is a really really cute place just outside of Galesburg, IL (between the QC and Peoria).  They have a Walnut Grove where two of my friends got married and a gorgeous old red barn for receptions.
  • White Pines Inn. It's a state park near Oregon, IL. Not super far from Starved Rock kind of reminiscent of it. They have a neat wedding canyon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards