Retro and Vintage Weddings

Need Some Help

I've been trying to find some games to buy for the reception that are pretty old but you can still purchase today. So far I have Scrabble, and Jenga. Can anyone else think of any fun, old games? Minus Monopoly. I don't think anyone wants to be there forever haha.

Re: Need Some Help

• I got a set of vintage themed games from target a few years ago for christmas. They include life, scrabble, monoploy, clue, jenga, yahtzee and sorry. The games are all made by Hasbro Life. And they are part of the Vintage Wood Book Collection. I am sure you could still find them somewhere amazon or something. There might be more games to those are just the ones i got. :)

• I noticed that Scrabble and Monopoly have the old style games. But thanks I'll look around for that.
  • What about like backgammon? Cards, checkers, Parchesi...
  • I know Candyland and Clue are some of the oldest still-played games. There's also always Mystery Date! :-P
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_need-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:667Discussion:a85689f9-af38-40c1-bbde-a71c021ac308Post:35732100-e2ba-4299-88ac-e382c21a8f65">Re: Need Some Help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know Candyland and Clue are some of the oldest still-played games. There's also always Mystery Date! :-P
    Posted by futuremrsbrian[/QUOTE]
    haha Mystery Date sounds fun for a wedding.
  • ShroomBomber (mario reference?),  We're doing cards at our reception because we were woried about losing pieces of board games.  Some card games we looked at were Uno, Old Maid, classic 52 card decks, Mile Bones.

Some other options for board games are the "family sets" that come with chess, checkers, backgammon, mancala, and chinese checkers.

Candy Land is a classic too. I cant remember if someone said that. Fred Meyer has a decent classic game selection and often do buy one, get one 1/2 off. We doubled our game closet that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards