Michigan-Lansing
Options

Vendor reviews

Quick vendor reviews from 10/1 wedding...

Wedding cake - Beth Henderson, Cake Art - A+

The cake was so delicious and looked exactly like what we talked about. Will definitely use her again!!!

Groom's cake at rehearsal dinner - Piece O Cake - A

The cake tasted and looked great. The only reason she doesn't get an A+ is her customer service skills are lacking a little...or maybe it's just her social skills. Either way, the cake turned okay great and I would use her again for a speciality cake (it was in the shape of a football with the Colts logo on it).

Photography - Looking Glass Photography, Kelly Gillespie - A (pending final photos)

Kelly is great, very friendly and outgoing. We are excited to see the final photos! We also did a first look so we were able to get all of the wedding party pics out of the way ahead of time. I've seen a few of these from members of the wedding party who snuck a couple and they look awesome.

MSU Chapel - A+

We dealt with Steve ahead of time and he is amazing. So patient and full of answers. The day of we had Jamie and she was great. My husband's grandmother was running late because they got lost and Jamie really calmed me down when she came to tell me. They reserved a spot right out front so as soon as they arrived they got them parked and got her seated. We ended up only starting about 5-10 minutes late so it was no big deal as it turned out. It's also really nice to have those dressing rooms in the basement and the big open lobby down there. 

Hawk Hollow - A.

They were great in the weeks leading up to the wedding. I was less then impressed with their customer service when I first toured and booked with them, but I liked the facility so much (and had seen so many great reviews) that I looked passed that and booked with them. Maybe they were having a few off days in the beginning, I don't know, but Melissa was great the last month answering all my questions. The food was excellent and everything ran smoothly. 

Tunes by T, DJ was the owner, T: A+++

T is great. He is very personable and easy to work with. He always answered my emails quickly and met with us a few weeks ahead of time to go over everything. He was extremely helpful with planning what times to do certain things throughout the evening. He provided lighting also which was nice. He was so much fun and I would recommend him to anyone. Well worth the price. 

Hampton Inn East Lansing - A

The rooms were nice and it was close to both the reception and ceremony. It was also helpful with Meijer right next door. I think some of the guests were able to check in early. I didn't hear any complaints from the people that stayed there. 

Hair - Personal Image Salon & Spa - A+

Our hair looked amazing and lasted all day. They also got us out within the time frame we needed (actually a few mins early). 

Limo -Perfection Limo -
B-

The driver was awesome. No complaints there. She was there early and was great the entire day. She is the only reason they have such a high grade. They are impossible to get ahold of, which I have read in previous reviews. They don't respond to emails and they don't always return voicemails. I called about a month ahead of time to add an additional hour and she told me they would contact me the Tuesday or Wedesday the week of the wedding to confirm pick up times. We did not hear anything so my husband called late Wednesday and left a vm. Thursday around noon I get a phone call from someone I had never spoken with who said, "the last time we spoke you said you'd get a hold of me and since I haven't heard from you I'm calling you." No mention of the voicemail we left the previous day and she flat out lied because I first of all never talked to this woman, and I never said to anyone in the company that I would be in contact with them. The woman I talked to was someone completely different, and she said they would call me.

Another complaint I had is our contract specifically said the gratuity was not included in the total, but they recommend a minimum of 20%. When we gave the final payment over the phone they included the gratuity automatically instead of what was specified in the contract (that we would pay it ourselves). We didn't argue it because it was around the same amount we had planned to give and it was easier not to have to worry about giving it to the driver the day of.

Everything turned out great in the end but it was a stressor I wish I hadn't had to deal with. I was a little worried they wouldn't even show up, and that's not something I wanted to worry about. But again it did work out so I guess my biggest complaint with them is their lack of communication. The limo was awesome (we had the biggest limo bus) and the entire wedding party had an awesome time.

Those are the only ones I can think of at the moment, if any others come to mind I'll add them on :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vendor reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards