Catholic Weddings

What Are Your Offeratory and Communion Songs????

So, i thought that picking the readings would be hard - but now we're trying to pick offeratory and communion songs.  What songs did you guys choose? 

Re: What Are Your Offeratory and Communion Songs????

• edited December 2011
    We are doing "On Eagles Wings" and "I am the Bread of Life"
  • mswood1977mswood1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using "One Bread One Body" for our Communion song and "I Have Loved You" as a solo after Communion.  We where not told to pick an Offeratory song, I don't think it is common in my parish to include the Offeratory in a wedding mass, it wasn't mentioned to us by our priest or our parish wedding coordinator.
    image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Mommy 3 Months Old image Tristan 3 Months Old Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    "Saint Patrick's Breastplate" for the presentation, and "My Song Will Be With You Forever" for the Communion hymn.

We also have "Lord of All Hopefulness" as an instrumental meditation song in there as a meditation song after the ring exchange. I specifically requested that be included, thinking we could use it as the song for the presentation of the gifts, and the music director suggested that would be the best place for it.
  • ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Offertory - Ubi Caritas
    Communion - Holy Is Your Name (Magnificat)
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    Offertory - Ubi Caritas
    Communion - One Bread, One Body
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • edited December 2011
    Offeratory: "You Raise Me Up" Lovland
    Communion: "The Prayer" Sager/Foster

• Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Offetory:
    Palestrina: Canticum canticorum (Motets, book 4): Surge propera amica mea

Communion Hymns:
    Mozart: Ave Verum Corpus, K.618 
    Nicholas Wilton: O Sacra Convivium

• ponsfemaleponsfemale member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Offertory-The Servant Song
    Communion-How Beautiful
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Presentation of the Gifts:  Ave Verum Corpus
    Communion:  The Wedding Song (an a cappella arrangement of Canon in D set to a prayer) 
  • edited December 2011
    We haven't completely decided-  but for offertory we are thinking of Holy Is Your Name (to the tune of Go Lassie Go) and When This Day is Done by Liam Lawton for Communion.  
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

Offertory:  Love Divine, All Loves Excelling
    Communion:  Christ, Be Our Light

• Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of the good suggestions!  I seriously didn't realize it would be so hard to choose!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Ubi Caritas for Communion and All That We Have for Presentation of Gifts. It was difficult for us to choose songs that weren't "funeral-ish"
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyName Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers TTC since 07/2010 BFP #1 11/10/11 Natural MC at 6w4d BFP #2 01/23/12 MC at 12w. 2x Cytotek 1x Methergen; Genetic testing found Factor V Leiden and MTHFR. Started extra Folic Acid and Baby Aspirin then Lovenox BFP #3 07/02/12 EDD 3/13/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards