Moms and Maids

Gift for meeting future mother-in-law

Next weekend my fiance and I are flying to his home city to meet both his mother and grandmother (well and step-dad and half-brother).  I am trying to think of an appropriate gift for my mother-in-law to be.  Any suggestions?

Re: Gift for meeting future mother-in-law

• vicki0508vicki0508 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know that this is necessarily a gift-giving occassion.  But if you really want to, you should ask your FI.  He knows his mom way better than a bunch of internet strangers.
  • Bride2687Bride2687 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think a gift is necessary, but I also don't see a problem with doing it either b/c I'm sure she will think it is a very nice gesture.  I would stick with something simple, not too over the top and inexpensive.  You could get her a nice scented candle, a bottle of wine (but I'd ask your FI first if she drinks wine or if she'd be offended by that), or even a picture frame with a picture of you and you FI.  If the two fo you have had engagement pictures taken it would be nice to get her a nice frame with one of your engagement pictures in it.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree that a gift is not neccessary.  However, talk to FI about what his mom likes.  Framed photo of you and FI is always cute, I know our family members have all made comments about needing pictures of us for their houses.  Also bottle of wine if she is a wine drinker.  Or, if your current city is known for a specific food or beverage she may enjoy that is always a neat gift. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • sparent2010sparent2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sometimes it is just nice to even bring flowers (if not allergic) and/or choclates/wine. Something  small but lets them know you care. Your FI will be able to give you more advice.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards