Rhode Island

Vendor Raves

I saw a few post regarding vendor raves and thought I would share my experience.  I am getting married in Newport this August 21st and this is what I have set up:

Location-Fort Adams on the North Lawn, amazing view of Newport Harbor, Newport Bridge and the Bay heading out towards Atlantic Ocean.  I am getting a tent from Newport Tent and they are just amazing as is Lauri from Fort Adams.  Both are very accomodating and the tent will sit 80 feet from the water, what can be better than that?

Caterer-Russell Mooring is providing the food.  We are starting the cocktail hour with open bar, scallops wrapped in bacon, pizza, lamb chops, stuffed mushrooms, raw bar, pastry stuffed with spinach and a cheese and cracker table.  Dinner is sit down with a choice betwee tenderloin or stuffed chicken with portabello mushrooms, cesar salad and vege and potato.  We opted to skip cake and serve strawberry shortcake!  Kathleen at Russell has been fabulous!

Florist is Toni Chandler and she has been so easy to work with and very reasonable!

Band-So excited for this part!  We are having Cover to Cover and Frankie has been so easy to work with .  Our first dance is Follow Through by Gavin Degraw and we are meeting with Frankie to go through the music throughout the evening, they will be rocking

Photographer is Kate Lucey and she has been just as easy to work with.  She is very reasonable!

Tent Decor by Kelly O'Brien from Exquisite Events, her vision is so neat and will bring a sense of simple and elegance to the tent.

Wedding Dress went to Cinderella's and can't say enough about Scott!  Bridesmaid dresses are from Cinderella's as well and are an elegant navy blue and they are dresses my girls can definately wear again.

Judy Carol from Papers in Newport has done the Save the Dates and invitations.  The invitations are Vera Wang and absolutely gorgeous!  I have also hired Judy for the weekend and she will assure I am organize, have everything I need and will be two steps ahead of me to assure all goes off without a hitch.

Rehearsal Dinner is at Brick Alley Pub-Sue Sperling is the contact and she has been very helpful, anything we want she will accomodate.

I hope this is helpful to anyone who is on the fence with vendors or is looking for suggestions.

Good Luck Girls!

Re: Vendor Raves

• edited December 2011
    Oh!  I'm thinking about Fort Adams in August 2012 - can you tell me a bit more?  Costs, challenges with the space, etc?  For instance, are you getting flooring?  Who are you getting your tent from? What's your rain plan?  Do you have any pictures to share with someone planning super long distance? :-)  Thanks!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Of course, I would love to share!  The cost for the fort is $4000 and I added an extra hour so it is $4600.  There is absolutely no space challenges, they do not book two events on the same day so if it is going to be real bad weather with strong winds you can move the tent inside the walls of the fort so you are protected.  I went to check a wedding out last October on a cold, rainy, windy night and the tent was sealed tight, heaters and the guest were rocking out, couldn't even tell it was bad weather outside.   The cocktail hour is going to be on the lawn in front of the tent but if it rains II will move it to a really cool room inside the wall, they have a room exclusively for indoor parties and then have the reception inside the tent.  I am not worried at all about weather, it is the least of my worries.  I am using Newport Tent and Billy is unbelievable, he is so accomodating and easy to work with!  As far as flooring I am just having a floored dance floor.  At the end of August the ground is very solid even after rain.  I was just out there the other day to do a walk through, after all the rain, and the grounds were perfect.  I don't have any pics as of yet but please feel free to come to town on August 21st and check it out!
  • edited December 2011
    Aww, that's really sweet, thanks!  Approximately how much is the tent going to cost?  Do you need to supply your own bathrooms?

It's such an incredible location - I'm sure it will be stunning!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I don't know, you will need to call them for it depends on the number of people.  My parents are taking care of the tent, band and caterer so I didn't even ask.  No, they have beautiful renovated bathrooms and bathrooms for the bridal party only.  In addition they have a renovated room for the bride.  I have to tell you, it is the best kept secret in town!  I am from Newport and I wouldn't want to get married anywhere else.  It has a better view than Castle Hill, Ocean Cliff, Bell Mer all high ticket spots. My parents were married at Ocean Cliff 50 years ago and I didn't even think about it for a venue....Ft Adams has always been the spot.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards