Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Do I need to wear a necklace with a strapless dress?

Knotties -

I found these earrings that I love and I'm kind of loving the look of statement earrings with no necklace, but I'm wondering if it only works on models with long skinny necks and bodies. Did anyone with a non-model body pull of this look? I know I need to just try it all on, but I can't right now so I'm curious about what you've all worn.

Here is my dress (I'll be wearing it with a crystal sash):

http://www.essensedesigns.com/stella-york/dresses/detail/5571

Here are the earrings (way better in person):

http://www.swarovski.com/Web_US/en/1156254/product/Sensation_Pierced_Earrings.html

FYI - I'm planning to wear my hair pulled back in a low and loose updo.
My Blog: onewaytothebay.wordpress.com

Re: Do I need to wear a necklace with a strapless dress?

• Options
    I think it will look gorgeous, no necklace needed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Frankly,I do not think a necklace is a good idea for strapless dress.

• Options
    Oh! Your dress just looks gorgeous. And yes, it will look amazing on you without necklace. You really do not need to be slim/skinny or model-type. 
  • Options
    Ditto on PP.  Go with the earings only!
  • Options
    Agreed with PP's, it'll be a gorgeous combo, no necklace needed.  I'm doing the same.  I have seen some necklaces I like, but I think it'll be too much going on for me, since I'll have the earrings and a flower headpiece/birdcage veil. Lovely dress, by the way!
  • Options
    Your dress is very pretty, the model in the picture isn't wearing a necklace and it looks fine.
  • Options
    My plan is to do something similar.  Haven't found the dress but I bought statement earrings at an antique store, so I'm wearing them and a very simple bracelet that I got for my high school graduation.  You might want to try a bracelet or a statement ring on your right hand if you want some added bling, but I love the earrings.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_attire-accessories_do-i-need-to-wear-a-necklace-with-a-strapless-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:15Discussion:75dbd2ba-1033-4582-9ea0-7ccc130a8011Post:a29a3fa6-3b5b-4025-b219-7289ce1ab055">Re: Do I need to wear a necklace with a strapless dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My plan is to do something similar.  Haven't found the dress but I bought statement earrings at an antique store, so I'm wearing them and a very simple bracelet that I got for my high school graduation.  You might want to try a bracelet or a statement ring on your right hand if you want some added bling, but I love the earrings.
    Posted by libby18bell[/QUOTE]

That's a great idea! I've always hated the look of earrings and necklaces together. I like to keep it simple. Adding a bracelet would definitely work.
    My Blog: onewaytothebay.wordpress.com
  • Options
    Your dress is really stunning! I  think you don't have to wear a necklace to go with the strapless wedding dress. Just skim the necklace and wear earrings and bracelet like the model shown in the picture! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards