Florida-South Florida
Options

Dress shopping!!

My sister is flying down next weekend to help me pick out my wedding dress! I've been told that Miracle Mile is bridal heaven, but I'm afraid that the shops will be out of my price range :(. I would like to spend under $500 for my dress. Does anyone have recommendations for shops that have dresses within this budget? Also, are the shops down here strict about appointments, or do they also allow walk-ins? Thank you!!

Re: Dress shopping!!

• Options
    Which area are you living in?

I purchased my dress at Mariolka's Bridal Boutique in Boynton. My budget was $7k, but my dress with added train, veil, and belt come out to $4100. Which I say is pretty reasonable. They have many dresses that are under $3000. If that is a better budget for you. 
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    There's a David's Bridal also on Miracle Mile.  I got a gorgeous Oleg Cassini dress for $400 on sale there.  Alterations are expensive at David's though...beware. 
  • Options
    maybe Alfred Angelo?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_dress-shopping-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:f12a0d43-d530-451f-83bf-ef083a20a84ePost:7f584e86-2d3f-4079-8d64-a79811d6b2fe">Re: Dress shopping!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Which area are you living in? I purchased my dress at Mariolka's Bridal Boutique in Boynton. My budget was $7k, but my dress with added train, veil, and belt come out to $4100. Which I say is pretty reasonable. They have many dresses that are under $3000. If that is a better budget for you. 
    Posted by JBSMADA10[/QUOTE]

I live in plantation, but don't mind driving north or south. Unfortunately my sister will only be here Saturday and Sunday so I want to make the most out of her short stay, and not waste my time at stores that are out of my price range. For me $3000 is too much for a dress.
  • Options
    Does Patricia's South have anything? Otherwise David's Bridal and Alfred Angelo's are good ideas. 
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Try All Bridal Store in Hollywood. Their prices tend to be in your price range. They have great Wedding Wire reviews and the people there are awesome.
    SoFla September Siggy - Hair Inspiration imageimage
  • Options
    Check out Lauderdale gowns located in Oakland Park. It's a little hidden gem and I found out about when helping my mom look for a dress. You can either buy or rent a wedding dress. If you don't mind driving to Miami Dde then check out Discount bridal. This store definitely has something in your budget.
  • Options
    I bought my dress at Angelus Bridal which is right off of I-95 and Cypress Creek Road. I spent $1200 and they included a $350 veil. I know that is over your budget but they have dresses for less there.

I'm not sure what kind of dress you are looking for but I just won a brand new bridal gown at a bridal show in WPB. It's made by Jasmine and retails for around $700. I would take $400 for it. It's a satin fit and flare with a sweetheart neckline that is encrusted in crystals. The bodice is rouched/pleated and its a size 12. If you're interested let me know and I can email you pics. I am in Coral Springs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards