Canada

National Gallery of Canada

Hi everyone!
I'm a Florida girl thinking about getting married at the National Gallery of Canada. Has anyone ever been to/had a wedding there? Was it super expensive? I'd love to know people's thoughts on this venue.

Thanks in advance!!!
"I must have done something pretty cool in a past lifetime to be able to spend the rest of this one with you"

Re: National Gallery of Canada

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Never been to a wedding there but here's the link for more info on it.  Hope it helps:)

http://www.gallery.ca/english/1606.htm

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Actually the company I work for does security there. It is BEAUTIFUL when it is set up for a wedding. I don't know what the cost would be for it but I know it would look amazing.

Also if you are looking for a museum in Ottawa, my personal favourite is the museum of nature. I'm not sure what you are looking for or  how many people you want, but it is all newly renovated and in a castle(Perfect for a bride who wants the princess theme) I have attached the link just in case.

http://nature.ca/en/about-us/products-services/facility-rentals/weddings

Also what makes you want to come to Ottawa for your wedding? I have been to the gallery many times if you have any questions.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you both so much for the info!

I've been to Ottawa several times now (it's my fiance's hometown) and i've never heard about the Museum of nature, but it will be for sure on my list of things to do next time i'm there! What a beautiful place!

The reason why we are considering having the wedding at the National Gallery is because it's pretty special to both of us. The first time I flew up to Canada to meet Scott's parents I was studying art history in college. He surprised me by bringing me to the gallery, so I could have a real life look at the art-work i was studying in class. It was one of those "ah-hah!" moments when i really knew that I had found someone special!
    "I must have done something pretty cool in a past lifetime to be able to spend the rest of this one with you"
  • edited December 2011

With that back story you should have it there! It is beautiful place and they have events there all the time so they know what they are doing! and with you having a connection to the place it makes it that much more special.

Good Luck!

• edited December 2011
    Ahhh, I love the gallery! I went to a ball there when I was in high school and the venue is just so insanely amazing!

I've also been to the Museum of Civilization for a wedding and that was pretty spectacular too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards