New York

wedding day hair and makeup?

anyone recommend day of hair and makeup for myself and my bridal party? were looking for someone to travel to our syracuse hotel to get us all ready.

Re: wedding day hair and makeup?

• edited December 2011

What is your budget??

I checked out A-list Artistry (Holly)... her work was beautiful, but her prices were not.  She also wanted to charge me a 50% holiday fee on top of her already sky-high prices.  ($100 for makeup alone, I think... bringing the total + holiday fee to $150- just for me.  OUCH!)
    But, like I said, her work was fantastic and she does travel.  If that fits into your budget, check her out.  She has a hair stylist that she niormally works with (also don't remember the name, but I am sure she will tell you

Riki (Syracuse Makeup Artistry) also travels and does great work (airbrush), but her prices are also pretty steep.

Also, SpaGo is another one that travels.  I don't remember their prices off the top of my head.  I know they do not do airbrush (which is why I didn't book them... I was hell bent on airbrush makeup), but I think their prices were pretty decent.

What hotel are you staying at??  Some of the larger ones have their own Spa/Salon that can do makeup services.  That might be worth a look also.

Personally, I am havnig my hair done at Artistry in Hanover Square then going to Sephora (Carousel).  I highly HIGHLY recommend, wherever you choose to do at least one trial.  I originally had everything book with Liz Lanza's Salon, but after my trial, I was not impressed and changed my bookings.

HTH, Good luck!

Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Tee hee!!!  Thanks Kara!
    I feel like I have efffffed everything thing up once or twice and learned the hard way... if I can pass on even a scrap of knowledge to another bride, it's worth it.
    Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
    Online Garage Sale
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    monica & kevin married 5.28.11
    bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
    bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I looked into this for a long time. Most salons... at least all the ones I checked were SUPER expensive!!! They charged the standard fee and then an additional $40-$75 for each person. So i decided to just go to the salon. I chose Miracles in Fayetville. (We are staying at the Genesee Grande downtown and it is about 15 minutes) They do wonderful work and provide coffee, champagne, and food for everyone. I couldn't believe the $$ for this. I live in Baltimore and you can get people to travel to you for an additional $50 flat fee. Maybe it is because there are a million people to choose from but I am not sure... Good luck!
    Photobucket
  • bitofritsbitofrits member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fiance's cousin just got married and went to Hair to Please for her makeup.  She felt they did an amazing job.  As silly as it sounds, I'm not 100% sure if they did her hair too.  I'm not sure if they come to you though; she went to their salon.

I've also heard of A-List Artistry, but don't know of anyone that's gone to them.
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards