Catholic Weddings

Need help finding a passage

So, FI and I like the gospel from John 5:9-12, As the Father loves me, so I also love you...love one another as I love you.  However, my dad's name is Matthew and he has made some comments that make it obvious that he would be tickled if our gospel came from Matthew.  Does anybody know if this same basic reading is in Matthew, and where it would be?  Thank you!

Re: Need help finding a passage

• edited December 2011
    I think you mean John 15:9-12. John 5:9-12 is about Jesus healing on the Sabbath in my Bible. My Bible notes passages in the gospels that have equivilent parts in other gospels (does that make sense?). My Bible doesn't say anything for this passage, and I'm not particularly Bible-literate to come up with anything on my own. Honestly, this sounds like classic John in that it's very esoteric; Matthew doesn't have many passages like this. Sooooo, I guess I'm not very helpful! I don't know is my answer, but if there is something equivilent, I don't think it will be very similar.
  • megalsgvmegalsgv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're right, I do mean John 15.  I was afraid that there wouldn't be a Matthew counterpart.....
  • edited December 2011
    I input that phrase in www.biblegateway.com and couldn't come up with its counterpart in Matthew.  Another poster was right - Matthew was more of the story-driven Gospel writer than John.  Best I could come up with was Matthew 19:4-6.

Good luck!

Kathleen 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards