North Carolina

Boone Recommendations

Planning a wedding for the Blowing Rock/Boone area 10/12/13. We have a chruch and a place for the recption but I am looking for recomandations for everythign else! Does anyone have recomendations for DJs, photographer, bakeries, caterers? Any advice would be great. We will live in the area by the time of the wedding but right now I am planning from out of town. Thanks! 

Re: Boone Recommendations

• Hi there!

I don't come on here much, but I used to live in Boone (I went to ASU)!  I can't think of any photographers, but there is a cupcake bakery in Boone called Oh La La Cupcakes.  I don't think they do wedding cakes, but I know they have some AWESOME cupcakes. 

As far as caterers go, I know of Woodlands BBQ, Bandana's BBQ, and Dan'l Boone Inn.  I think Sagebrush and Outback Steakhouses cater as well, but the first three are more local places.  I have also seen that Makoto's Japenese Steakhouse caters, which would definitely be something different if you are into that.  Makoto's is great!

I only know of one person that DJs and I'm not sure if he has a website or anything.  I can definitely find out though!  

Good luck.  I LOVE Boone so much and miss it everyday.  Luckily, I only moved down the mountain about 30 minutes, so I'm close enough!
    Anniversary
  • For the Boone area try www.LindseyKphotography.com . She serves all of NC.
  • Richard Ellis Photography is the best photographer in the area. He is based in Charleston but frequently photographs weddings in North Carolina. He is not only talented but has a super fast turn around. You will have your photos one week after your wedding, gauranteed. Check out his work below. 

• I worked with Shawn Geiser at shawngeiserphotography.com at her day job. I am also planning on having her photograph my wedding. She does a great job and her rates are very good. She is based out of Hickory (one hour away).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards